|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That is what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. The Identity division in Cloud + AI delivers world class authentication services for the Microsoft cloud. Azure Active Directory is the identity platform for Azure and Office 365. By using Azure Active Directory, organizations are empowered to offer their employees and partners access to applications (like Office 365), data and resources in a secure and controlled way, from virtually anywhere.
The Authentication team within Identity division is looking for an engineering manager ready to solve large scale problems and the next wave of innovation in Azure AD authentication services. Seamless collaboration between people and organizations requires seamless authentication in the collaboration context. We are looking for a leader who will lead the team to deliver end to end solutions in the area of B2B collaboration and cross-tenant authentication.
We are a local group of supportive team players, working in a fast-paced agile development environment. We regularly collaborate with other seasoned engineers across Microsoft while learning a ton and working on a variety of technologies. We embrace a culture which is customer focused, delivers continuously, drives engineering excellence, is collaborative, fun loving and iterative. We are a diverse team, and we embrace people from all backgrounds, to help us build the best identity service in the world.
The Authentication Services team in Identity division builds and runs the two critical authentication services for Microsoft Cloud: Azure Active Directory authentication and Microsoft Account authentication
Authentication Services are used by all customers when accessing cloud resources. These services are used daily by hundreds of millions of users.
- Leading a team of engineers responsible for delivering authentication scenarios in the B2B space, with built-in resilience, scalability and performance.
- Time will be equally split between people management, project management and technical direction (technical design, etc)
- You would collaborate with teams across Identity division and Microsoft to unlock new business value.
- You would have the opportunity to drive impact across Microsoft cloud, as authentication and identity are core to Azure and Office 365.
- 5+ years of industry experience working on commercial software application or services
- 3+ years of management experience (Leading a team of Direct Reports)
- Experience building customer facing features for enterprise scenarios
- Large scale Cloud Services experience
- Autentication protocols/services experience
- Working knowledge of a modern programming language: C#, C/C++, Java etc..
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.