|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Lead development teams to create end-to-end program plans, specifications, performance metrics, production qualification plans, and conduct executive reviews.
- Primary responsibilities will include directing and coordinating one or several teams of Electrical Engineers, Design Verification Engineers, Certification, and Reliability engineers to bring a product from concept into mass production.
- Define the product solution requirements through cross-team collaboration
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other team members in making high impact design choices and decisions throughout the development cycles. Lead development teams to create end-to-end program plans including a detailed program schedule, specifications, performance metrics, production qualification plans.
- Anticipate risks; assess, mitigate, and manage accordingly by negotiating system trade-offs with stakeholders Drive the execution and delivery using common engineering tools, triage, tracking and reporting aligning to product milestones
- Organize and present program reviews/status to engineering, business, and senior management
- Help build, lead, manage and grow diverse and inclusive teams. Help cultivate growth mindset of our team members and drive a high-performance culture with accountability via constructive feedback.
- Anticipate risks; assess, mitigate, and manage accordingly by negotiating system trade-offs with stakeholders
- Periodic travel to Asia to coordinate with local Surface teams and partners may be required
- 7+ years working as a technical program manager or other engineering discipline in a high-volume device manufacturing capacity
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Demonstrated electrical background with a passion for shipping product
- Experience with one or more of the following: System integration, PC architecture, CPU’s and memory technologies, Touch and displays
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes and best practices to define solution requirements
- Enthusiastic, attention to detail, results oriented, organized, motivated and self-driven
- High degree of flexibility -willing to fill in the gaps rather than relying on others
- Able to lead and manage teams in high pressure situations while driving continuous improvement efforts
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.