|Job Type:||Full Time|
The WebXT recommendation platform team works on unified backend system providing personalized content feeds for billions of users over hundreds of billions of document. Now we are powering the feeds on MSN, Edge browser, shopping, weather, Bing mobile apps, Bing news and video, etc. We will also power Windows feeds worldwide with its release. We run the service across multiple geographically distributed data centers, balancing latency, efficiency, stability, agility and debuggability. We build the system end to end, which includes data collection with all the available data sources (such as Bing search, web browser, UET), model training infrastructure, document indexing, user signals handling with NRT pipeline, online recall and hosting various ranking models from our relevance partners.
The team culture values engineering quality, technical excellence, and grass roots innovation. We foster a supportive and productive work environment to provide growth avenues for each team member. In the team, you will leverage open-source technology, such as Kafka and Spark, to collect and aggregate user signals; you will dive into the system design and C++ implementation details to get high efficient online serving component; you will also talk to data scientist and algorithm engineer to build state of art machine/deep learning system. Your work will impact billions of users in the world. #BingEng
- Design and implement new software features, build distribute systems with efficiency and stability in mind.
- Through experimentation, evolve and improve existing features and designs.
- Handle live site issue and dig into the root cause for system improvement.
- Collaborate with members of your team and partner teams in the daily work.
- Mentoring and supporting junior team members to enable them to realize their potential.
- 6+ years of product software development experience in C#/C++ or Java with high quality coding and debugging ability.
- Solid knowledge on data structure and algorithm.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Great communication skills, capable of building and maintaining relationships with a variety of people on other teams.
- Experience with online distributed system is a plus.
- Experience on recommendation area is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.