|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Windows Devices and Experiences Division is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Lifecycle Quality Experiences Team to help build a new standard for developer processes and practices aid developers in the Windows Engineering Team achieve the absolute highest software quality for the Windows product.
We are redefining Windows Developer lifecycle quality by reinventing the engineering developer lifecycle of Windows. The Lifecycle Quality Experience Team will be investing in Quality Assurance processes to bring the next release of Windows to market by investing in the processes that center around validation and engineering lifecycle quality in the Windows Engineering team.
Do you have extensive experience delivering quality in software releases using both validation as well as data analysis techniques? Are you an engineer with passion for software quality and the confidence to drive software engineering quality across a large team like the Windows Engineering team? Are you ready to help build an engineering system that uses a hybrid of validation and data to achieve the best possible product quality for an upcoming release of Windows the operating system that Microsoft has ever had?
If so, come join our collaborative team and make a difference by being who empowers billions!
- Create and Drive Quality programs of software validation plans and documentation, drive quality reporting, create broad selfhost programs and manage vendors and v-teams to build validation methods to create the highest quality release.
- Design, and implement features, tools, and workflows, in an engineering systems project in collaboration with teammates.
- Work closely and partner with engineering teams to help bring cutting-edge Windows features to market with the best laid internal planning and processes.
- Able to create VSO Dashboards and reporting to represent complex quality view of a large software engineer product.
- Adept with Measure, KPI and OKR creation and tracking in a software engineering environment
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to work across discipline and across teams to drive positive collaboration with partner teams
BA/BS or higher Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related engineering disciplines
5+ year’s experience in software engineering release cycles
5+ year's software development and software assurance/validation experience
- Ability to demonstrate great coding, debugging, and analytical skills; take end-to-end responsibility for the quality, diagnosability, and validation of a software release cycle.
- Understanding of proficient software engineering fundamentals, including code flow, data analysis and reporting on code quality in an engineering environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To see all our team’s openings, search for #wdxjobs on our careers page.