|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
A Partner Technical Advisor (PTA) is a service delivery focused subject matter expert. You will be adding value by collaboratively help solve customer problems, by providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements, by organizing or delivering readiness activities to develop engineers and by creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be responsible for incident metrics such as Customer Satisfaction (quality of the support experience), frontline engineer technical readiness and process compliance. As a PTA you will provide in-depth technical & subject matter expertise for one or more services or scenarios. Your primary accountability is to the engineers at a support vendor (also known as a supplier or delivery partner), focusing on the higher volume services and engaging through technical & SME mentorship, readiness and escalation management . You will contribute to technical expertise and issue resolution globally.
Core (all people in this role perform these duties; depending on tenure some duties may be minimal
- Provide technical & SME coaching for Delivery Partner (DP) Engineers/Advocates
- Provide skill-gap analysis & readiness plans for Delivery Partner (DP) teams
- Case management duties (incoming inspection, escalations, tech reviews/triage, wellness, reduced Time To... measures)
- Readiness Content (identify need for and create content; contribute to readiness efforts where you are the SME)
- Manage collaboration activities (reactive, proactive, cross-team for complex cases, overall process)
- Contribute to Supportability activities (case analysis and case pattern recognition, deflection initiatives, and other Supportability improvements working w/SPM, Service TA, PG)
- Release Management and Deployment for DP (ensure it happens, do not own directly)
- Focus on the quality of engagement, working with the DP Quality team
Optional (people in this role may perform these duties, can vary by line of business)
- Provide Frontline Operations Metrics Oversight
- Participate in DP ROB (WBR/QBR/MBR)
- Participate in Product Group Triages (coordinated with Eng. and Service TAs)
- Approval of escalations to product group on behalf of DP (known as ICMs, Bugs or similar – varies by SBU) Drive Down Speed or Time to Competency for DP Resources
- Participate in Technical & SME Interviews for New PTA Hires
- Direct Customer Contact (to support frontline engineers, periodic case ownership to maintain technical expertise)
- Run Non-Top Box and Deviation Analysis (including Approval)
- Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles (SEE/EE/EEE/TA); may be workload or specialty specific.
Language Skills – these are a must!
Fluency - Spoken and written English and Brazilian Portuguese (including technical writing) is required.
Trilingual candidates – fluency in 3 languages: Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, and English is really desirable.
Your ramp-up in this position will be much faster if you have the following technical experience and knowledge:
Strong knowledge of Office 365 in an Enterprise environment – particularly, Exchange Online.
Foundations knowledge on Networking, Protocols, Authentication (Basic, Kerberos, NTLM) and PowerShell.
Experience working with Office 365 Directory Synchronization tool (DirSync), Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect tool (AD Connect).
Experience working with DNS - Types or records, record creation, DNS management, DNS troubleshooting.
Experience reading network captures/analysis.
Experience working with Active Directory - FSMO Roles, Active Directory Domains and Trusts, Active Directory Sites and Services.
We love to get to know candidates with strong technical background, nevertheless, do not shy away if you do not meet all the “Technical” requirements.
If you have growth mindset and you are a strong believer that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence, you will be taken into consideration as this is what we value most; you will just need to be able to demonstrate it.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.