|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster, and more securely every day.
Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to lead, innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Within Core Services Engineering, Enterprise360 is the team that engineers, deploys, and manages the Microsoft network infrastructure. We deliver industry leading network solutions that address Microsoft business needs at a global scale.As aNetwork Engineering Manager your focuswill be to lead the team of Network Engineers responsible for the Remote Connectivity and Edge Networking solutions utilized by Microsoft employees and dependent services around the world. You will be responsible foroversight of daily operations and maintenance of these critical services as well as creation of strategies and deployment of new technologies supporting the service areas in the future. A very strong understanding of technologies and service models that support Remote Connectivity and Edge Networking service areas will be critical to ensure these foundational services are architected, designed, deployed, and maintained at a high standard.
In addition, thisjob includes direct involvement and leadership of strategic and design partnershipswith multiple teams including product teams, supporting infrastructure and security teams, and service/project management teams across Microsoft.This role is in ahighly dynamic environment with the potential to directly impact thework of Microsoft employees around the world.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Provide leadership and management of a team of network engineers in support of dedicated enterprise network services and applications.
- Drive prioritization and implementation of automation and tooling solutions to ensure consistent processes are performed with a higher level of accuracy and reduced defects in the design, deployment, monitoring, and management of the network infrastructure.
- Enable the team for precision alerting, speed in triage, and efficiency in response. Drive continuous improvement into the service, process, and technology through analysis and solution design.
- Lead and/or manage technical responses during critical network service incidents.
- Accountable for operational performance including real-time SLA management, development of data driven business metrics, escalation, and communication with internal teams, external vendors, and carriers.
- Champion security, compliance, reliability, and availability through participation in service health reviews and cross-team strategic/service alignment
- Travel - 0%-10%, domestic
- Provide leadership and collaboration within a team to develop enterprise networking solutions
- Scope, design and deploy solutions that scale to meet customer requirements
- Define and execute network solution testing and new code release certification
- Define and track key performance metrics
- Lead validation and revision of key engineering artifacts such as standards, deployment guides and TSG’s
- Lead definition of capacity planning, optimization and service health
- Monitor and troubleshoot network incidents for the access layer network
- Provide oversight ofDirectly Responsible Individual (DRI) duties for all access layer service support. On-call rotation with team members providing high severity incident support as needed, 24x7
- Partner closely with our network HW vendors to structure and oversee assigned work
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 5 years' minimum experience in Network Infrastructure or Network Service Management
- Demonstrated ability for end-to-end service compliance, quality, and customer satisfaction
- Experience working with network security technology, cryptographic implementations, VPN and remote access systems and utilization/consumption reporting for network systems.
- Experience in managing lean 24X7 Network Engineering and/or Support teams.
- Strong cross-organizational collaboration and partnership skills
- Track record of hiring and building a high performing, cohesive team where diversity is valued.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with senior executives and customers. Strong experience in influencing others without authority.
- Working experience across Remote Connectivity and Edge Networking technologies such as VPN,RAS, RDP, SASE as well as cloud and hardware platforms from Azure, Palo Alto, Cisco, and F5
- Experience in operating, monitoring, and improving an online service.
- KPI driven, proactive and motivated for continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection, and growth.
- Experience owning and developing features end-to-end.
- Experience building services in Azure using Azure Automation, hybrid cloud/on-prem services is a plus.
- Experience with Third Party Technologies: SevOne, Ansible, SolarWinds, Splunk, ERPM (JIT, Password Vault), Cert Management (HGS/HSM), Linux/Unix
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.