Last updated 41 minutes ago
|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration. Driven by transparent values, an outstanding culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
Atlassian's Program Management team is on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity and ensure teams are continually progressing and delivering sophisticated cross functional programs that drive customer objectives.
As the Head of Program Management for our Platform & Enterprise organization, you will lead a team of program managers to drive all global programs on behalf of Platform end to end. Key components of this work include driving Platform adoption into our cloud products (including Jira, Confluence, BitBucket and more!), accounting for a majority of Atlassian's R&D investment, and leading collaboration amongst the Platform leadership team.
You will be responsible for helping your team prioritize their work across the program, and setting each individual and the collective team up for continued success. You are a big picture problem solver who's able to investigate the details across every aspect of software development. You understand how a large scale business operates, and are able to hold your own in high level, high stakes, strategic decision making sessions. You'll nail it if you can spot the challenges the organization will face ahead of time and do your part in handling them.
Your impact is amplified beyond delivery through your ability to advance the Program Management craft. Together, the team develops and applies practices, plays, and agile frameworks, to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and effective teams.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Manage a Mountain View and Sydney based Global Program Management team
- Help define the strategy, developing OKRs, then breaking them down into trackable work streams (projects or initiatives, roadmap) to deliver on the annual plan.
- Drive long term planning, decision making, tracking and high level reporting including clear communications on priorities, high level estimates and headcount requirements.
- Drive end-to-end execution across multiple teams working on Cloud Platform's key programs, and ensuring all dependencies are managed.
- Build, test, and iterate on practices for effective dependency management for the whole of Atlassian. Drive standard methodologies for cross-team collaboration and ensure the customer’s end to end experience is looked after.
- Work with your team to map and own the delivery of town halls, quarterly business reviews, leadership off-sites and other planning sessions.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for collaboration.
- The wisdom to know when to run with something on your own and when to ask for help.
- Experience turning strategy into executable plans
- Strong foundational program management capability
- The ability to lead a highly effective team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.