Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
This role is responsible for leading a team to oversee strategies that support some of DGN’s most important Merchant and Fintech partners, marketing of DGN capabilities in order to gain increased adoption and facilitating the leverage the network forum to accelerate opportunities for strategic advantage across the enterprise. This person will play a critical role in working across the enterprise to find synergies and support advancement of opportunities for DGN to leverage our scale and capabilities. They will lead Product Marketing strategies to drive awareness, consideration and adoption of DGN’s capabilities in strong partnership with Product and Partner teams.
He/she will be responsible for managing marketing programs and initiatives that increases acceptance, product adoption, and grows volume for the network.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with strategic thinking, people leadership and strong collaboration skills who is comfortable communicating across all levels of the organization, to shape strategies that will grow DGN’s capabilities and volume in support of DGN’s vision to be the most sought after payments network.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance partnerships.
- Tracks key performance indicators and updates leadership.
- Maintains and enhances the value propositions for acceptance.
- Manages a team, including hire/fire, performance, and development decisions.
- Creates and manages programs to drive acceptance and product adoptions.
- Implements strategies to provide a quality customer experience for network clients.
- Lead Product Marketing Strategy to support new product launches and adoption of existing products in strong collaboration with the Product team
- Act as main Marketing Liaison with the C360
- Collaborate with Brand Communications team to ensure evolution of capabilities messaging for DGN that seeks to increase consideration against competitors in market
- Facilitate Leverage The Network (LTN) forum including oversight of LTN working groups, coordination on priority agenda items for both VP and EVP monthly meetings with a focus on opportunities for strategic advantage
- Support Strategic Partner Management team with a focus on delivering marketing tools, insights and opportunities to strengthen relationships and drive Network volume
- Support Business Development efforts to secure new co-creation opportunities for DGN with existing or new players throughout the payments eco-system
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts, Sciences, Business, Technology, Computer Science, or related quantitative fields
- 8+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Management, Brand Communications, Project Management, Integrated Marketing, Advertising, Payments Services, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Management, Brand Communications, Project Management, Integrated Marketing, Advertising, Payments Services, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 10+ years of experience in Business, Marketing, Management, Brand Communications, Project Management, Integrated Marketing, Advertising, Payments Services, or related field
- Product Marketing experience within Payment Services/Financial Services
- Strong understanding of Payments technologies
- Strong thought leadership
- Proven people leadership experience
- Strong collaboration/influencing skills in order to communicate across all levels of the organization
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.