|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
As a Senior Customer Support Program Manager, you are in a leadership position within the Customer Support Delivery Excellence organization - to partner with Engineering, Product Management, Customer Support & Customer Success teams to build and deliver key on Support Initiatives. The Senior Customer Support Program Manager is the point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. Employing both a strategic focus, as well as a tactical approach is a must in this role. The individual in this role will play a critical role in the delivery of a wide range of initiatives - from small, quick wins, to lengthy and complex programs. The ideal candidate will have strong Customer Support experience in a SaaS and agile environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency
- Define the concept, build viable business case, develop execution plan and follow all the way through value realization of each of the initiatives
- Provide ownership on Strategic Portfolio across Customer support including both internal and external facing initiatives (Customer, Partners)
- Provide Business leadership on key projects and manage various initiatives within and beyond Support, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions
- Lead the introduction of new processes / workflows, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner
- Manage support related pre-launch project plans and collaborate with cross-functional teams to assist in maintaining workflows to meet all deadlines
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of initiatives
- 15+ years of industry experience with strong exposure to Customer Support in a software, SaaS, systems development environment or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years hands-on Program/Project management experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment – managing initiatives from start to finish
- Solid understanding understanding Customer Support including processes like Case Handling, Case Reviews, Follow-the-sun, escalation processes, 3rd party support processes, CSAT/DSAT Reviews, Global queue management, escalations, language support, plus more
- Experience in defining support processes in a SAAS company like SFDC, ServiceNow, Twillio, Netsuite, Workday, etc.
- Hands-on experience project managing an initiative from start to finish
- Excellent verbal and written communication; skilled with communication at all levels
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence without authority Strong technical aptitude /affinity; experience working hand-in-hand with software, test, and/or system engineers
- Expertise with software development lifecycles, including Agile / Scrum
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Training in CRM applications (SF DC)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.