|Job Type:||Full Time|
Okta is looking for a Principal Enterprise Architect. This role operates as a technical, hands-on leader in the Business Technology Organization and is a strategic participant across Okta’s enterprise architecture landscape. The ideal candidate builds deep knowledge of business strategies to make informed enterprise architecture decisions to enable Okta’s growth and scale. They will be responsible for leading evaluation of new software/SaaS and will be a critical decision maker in current and future investments. They will be tightly integrated with the Business Technology operations and engineering team and elevate the engineering team’s delivery. This candidate will enhance Business Technology as a strategic partner for the business and help foster a culture of innovation and engineering excellence.
- Influential position providing technical oversight for IT systems.
- Key decision maker in the evaluation of new software/SaaS platforms
- Responsible for definition and oversight of system integrations
- Work closely with business stakeholders, solutions architects and technical leadership and delivery teams to ensure architecture meets business needs.
- Responsible for informing cross-functional teams on recommendations, enterprise decisions and roadmaps for investment in improved or new capabilities, helping determine what capabilities the enterprise must develop to satisfy its customers, compete in a market, deal with its suppliers, and sustain operations.
- Responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the project portfolio. The portfolio may consist of multiple, cross-functional projects of varying complexities, in support of strategic business initiatives and regulatory requirements.
- Drive operational excellence with monitoring and reporting across enterprise systems.
- Enterprise cloud strategy & BI
- Total cost of ownership (measure, review, optimize)
- Identify and design custom software or integration to foster increased innovation.
- Liaise across teams including Business Functions, Security & Compliance, IT, Product & Engineering etc. for coordination on programs and projects.
- Collaborates with business product teams to understand functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participates in the analysis, evaluation, and development of strategic plans to ensure the enterprise architecture objectives are consistent with long-term business objectives.
- Designs, develops, and implements plans to translate enterprise system objectives into functional technology and business systems.
- Own, communicate & document the enterprise architecture.
- Be a key contributor on architectural governance, decisions related to projects, and participate as part of a cross functional architecture decision group.
- Research and identify the right tools and technology stack based on scalability, latency and performance needs.
- Assess technical feasibility by building rapid PoCs, find technological solutions for gaps, and create strategic IP.
- Governance, Risk & Compliance across all business platforms.
- Increase corporate security posture by working with stakeholders and InfoSec to identify, quantify and mitigate risks.
- Go wide and deep across the org for technical gaps and solutions. Liaise with the product engineering team as needed.
- Drive M&A IT technical integration strategy and implementation.
- 15+ years of software development
- 10+ years of technical architecture experience in Enterprise IT & R&D
- 5+ years of experience working in an iterative software development lifecycle
- 5+ years hands-on experience in enterprise SaaS platforms, integration technology
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytic skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or related field
Okta is an equal opportunity employer