|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Environmental Health & Safety Teams ensure and monitor safety in the workplace. This includes the application and communication of health, safety and hazardous material standards, procedures and practices consistent with TE, environmental and government regulations.
As EHS Specialist, you will:
- Support safety in the workplace including the application and communication of health, safety and hazardous material standards, procedures, and practices consistent with an established company, environmental and government regulations.
- Implement, maintain, and monitor an EHS management system for the organization that meets the TE Safety Assessment for Effectiveness (SAFE) requirements, implements TE environmental sustainability programs, ensures compliance with all relevant regulations, TE policies, and TE specifications and provides for continuous improvement in EH&S performance.
- Ensure TE safety initiatives required by the TEOA Safety Tool are deployed for the organization, including behavior-based safety (BBS), ergonomics programs, risk assessment, EHS training, machine guarding and employee engagement.
- Assess, evaluate, quantify and prioritize EHS risks for the organization and develop action plans for ensuring all significant risks are controlled and managed as part of the operational controls defined within the EHS management system and TEOA processes and procedures.
- Create and deliver training programs to ensure those involved in maintaining the organization s EHS programs are aware of their responsibilities and how to discharge them. Provide training for all employees in support of achieving 100% engagement in EHS.
- Enforce organizational EHS metrics that drive improvement in EHS performance, e. g. near hit reporting, behavioral safety scorecards, ergonomic assessment, risk assessment data, environmental permit data, hazard reporting, etc.
- Participate in risk assessments, advising risk assessment teams on the assessment process; quantification of risks; prioritizing risks for action and effective risk control measures.
- Engage with leadership and employees to drive EHS programs and performance improvements.
- Support the hire of EHS expertise and resources as required, e. g. occupational health, EHS specialists, etc.
- Support and guide employees to enable them to work safely, comply with regulations, TE policies and specifications and support environmental sustainability goals.
What your background should look like:
- Minimum 5+years of EH&S experience required
- Experience in a technical, engineering or manufacturing role preferred
- Strong demonstrated communication, negotiation, influencing, collaboration and team-building skills preferred
- Demonstrated ability in conducting audits and inspections of all aspects of EHS throughout a Site
- Optional: University degree or equivalent level of qualification in safety, health, or an environmental discipline
This position is based at our Hauppauge, NY plant.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups