|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building a portfolio of apps and experiences that delight users and bring value to Windows and Microsoft 365 customers? Do you enjoy driving strategic collaboration with partners and inspiring the developer ecosystem? If this sounds like you, please keep reading!
We are the Partner, Analytics, and essential eXperiences (PAX) Team, a part of the Windows + Devices (W+D) engineering organization. Our team’s vision is that Windows users at home, work, and school find it easy to discover and engage with the experiences they need most; and that ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) are excited to build Windows experiences because they can innovate, differentiate, and exceed their business goals on Windows.
The PAX team is responsible for a well-established portfolio of core Windows inbox apps that reach millions of users every day. We also orchestrate the most impactful third-party experiences on Windows by working closely with strategic ISVs. We foster long-term, trust-based relationships with C-level executives, product leaders, and engineering directors. We reach thousands of developers at scale through events, open source projects, and keynote showcases. Our team is built on a strong sense of responsibility for the business, a passion for learning through growth mindset, and a team culture of diversity and inclusivity.
We are looking for a Group Program Manager to lead our ISV partner ecosystem team located mainly in Redmond and driving impact globally. We offer an intriguing mix of exciting technological and business challenges. You will be engaging with critical ecosystem players; defining business strategies for our partner’s app portfolios; envisioning unique experiences on Windows form factors and bringing their flagship solutions forward through innovation across other teams in Microsoft, including Surface, Edge, and Graph services, to meet new customer needs.
A Group Program Manager in PAX
- Has a passion for people management with a demonstrated track record recruiting and retaining high performers
- Builds upon a strong team ethos and embodies our company values, cultivating a culture reflective of those values around diversity, inclusion, and customer obsession
- Leads by example through the model, coach, care philosophy
- Engages and influences C-level leaders of strategic, global companies
- Has business acumen and a knack for identifying technology disrupters or business gaps; drives recommendations and solutions partnering with internal exec level stakeholders
- Is customer and partner obsessed
- Has an enduring passion for software, the ability to ramp up on new technologies quickly, and identify value proposition for customers
- Collaborates across organizational boundaries, building experiences our customers will love
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience engaging directly with ecosystem partners and building and successfully launching products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a flair for pitches and presentations to business decision makers
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent, and/or MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.