|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind the cloud. CO+I is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
Within CO+I, the Datacenter Construction (DCD) team is responsible for delivering datacenter capacity for Microsoft’s cloud business. We have a global portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-million, multi-year datacenter construction projects.
We are looking for a seasoned leader in project execution delivery and experienced in improving productivity and optimization utilizing techniques in eliminating inefficiencies through focused efforts in collaboration with stakeholders. As the Principal Program Manager for Project Delivery Optimization, you will be responsible for leading execution planning and development of project delivery optimization efforts. Identifying opportunities for lead time optimization, utilizing learnings to drive change and best practices across projects, building analytics that aid decision making and enabling improvements in the overall SLAs for delivering projects will be a key responsibility. If you enjoy working under pressure and deadlines and have a strong ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty, while driving clarity this role is for you. Additional requirements for this role include: the ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment and drive impact through shared objectives. You will also possess strong business acumen and mental agility to ramp quickly across our diverse business requirements and portfolio.
- Establish and maintain standard SLAs for execution across formfactors and develop long term roadmaps for continuous improvements in delivery timelines.
- Collaborate with the schedule management team/schedule predictability efforts and regional teams across the globe for adapting new learnings and in translating data-driven insights to gain schedule efficiencies.
- Monitor, analyze and provide direction on timely efficiency improvements and schedule optimization through coordination with site and regional level leaders.
- Pilot focused and develop controlled experiments for schedule optimization efforts with the regional construction leaders and GCs on specific projects and drive schedule gains for the business.
- Drive requirements for data gathering, analytics and BI that will help clearly identify opportunities for the optimization roadmap
- Coordinate with Global Risk Manager on portfolio level schedule risks and mitigations and develop predictive modelsto determine corrective actions that improve timely delivery.
- Work with Supply planning team in folding new SLAs into holistic planning efforts for builds.
- Champion on behalf of construction with teams upstream for changes to make input process more streamlined.
- 10+ years’ Leadership experience in Project Management and delivery; construction management experience preferable
- BS or equivalent in Engineering or equivalent engineering and/or program management experience
- Proven success in leading project delivery on a portfolio of medium to large scale projects across industries
- Experience working cross-group and leading optimization efforts in driving impactful change
- Creative problem-solving, analytical skills to drive keen insights and collaboration across global teams within and outside the organization
- Previous construction project management experience and understanding a big plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.