|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in being part of an organization with close to $10 billion in revenue and rapid growth? Are you looking to join a fun and fast paced environment, where people openly collaborate and are empowered to innovate?
Online Advertising is one of the fastest growing businesses on the Internet today, with about $70 billion of a $600 billion advertising market already online. Search engines, web publishers, major ad networks, and ad exchanges are now serving billions of ad impressions per day and generating terabytes of user events data every day. We are the Marketplace Understanding and Demand Optimization team and our charter is to ensure that we are measuring each facet of this business and providing insights and opportunities that are critical to drive the product forward.
To help us achieve our ambitous goals to significantly grow the Marketplace and increase adoption of our Ads platform, we are looking for a driven, and highly collaborative Principal Applied Scientist to join our team.
In this role you will:
- Design online experiments that capture the impact to both our Bing Users and our Advertisers
- Define metrics that accurately measure the impact of experiments and can be tracked over time
- Perform analyses as conditions change unexpectedly in the Bing Ads Marketplace and identify key drivers
- Design and build automated systems that can effectively monitor and anticipate the Bing Ads Marketplace
- Build systems to monitor and analyze advertiser retention/churn and provide insights that can help drive overall growth
- Design, develop, and implement algorithms that further our understanding of the marketplace, increase engagement with our products and services, and identify opportunities to influence the business and our customers
- Drive collaborations with other teams in Microsoft
- Influence decision making with data
- Mentor other members of the team
- 5+ years of industry experience in one or more of: statistics, experimentation, time series analysis, machine learning
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/CS/Math/Economics (or related area) or equivalent industry work experience
- Hands-on experience coding in Python (R), SQL or other similar software
- Experience with statistical and mathematical modeling
- Passionate, self-starter
- Effective communicator - both written and verbal. Should be at ease to present highly technical analyses to fellow scientists as well as to senior leadership team
- Working experience with experimentation and statistical modeling
- Experience in online advertising
- Masters or PhD degree in Statistics/CS/Math or related area
- Experience with performing analysis within distributed platforms
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#Ads# #MachineLearning# #WebXTPrincipal#