|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join Modern Workplace finance to play an integral role in shaping the future of our business. Our Microsoft 365 offering is the world’s productivity cloud and the only comprehensive solution that empowers everyone with an integrated, secure experience on any device. Leading organizations are choosing our AI infused premium offerings for their advanced security, communications, and productivity experiences to unlock new scenarios of digital transformation. We are at an exciting phase in our growth trajectory with both momentum and massive opportunity & challenges tin ramp to make Modern Workplace a $100b business. The team works across engineering, marketing, and sales teams to develop solutions to deliver against this journey. Our core products include productivity, communication, analytics, management, security, and compliance. You will learn partnership and have an ability to impact across many key business functions including product, go to market strategy as well as business planning & development.
The pillar team Senior Finance Manager will support our key Security, Compliance, Identity, and Management business as we look to take advantage of the huge opportunity ahead of us. With security workloads becoming increasingly mission critical and in a highly fragmented market, we have never been better positioned for growth. The Pillar team plays a key role between product development and go-to-market strategy and provides an opportunity to learn and provide deep product insight and understanding. This individual will partner closely with our Go to Market and Planning finance teams, in addition to building deep partnerships with product marketing (PMG) and engineering leaders as we build the strategy for growth and execute against current and future financial targets. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a business that has already reached critical scale, but has significant growth opportunity ahead. This individual will work in an area of great visibility and focus for Microsoft to help write the story on how we ultimately capture the significant opportunity in security, compliance, identity, and management.
For this role, the individual should have:
- Technical knowledge of the Modern Workplace and Microsoft Commercial business.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across teams.
- Strong analytics and ability to summarize performance and key stories coming out of the data at the executive level.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be able to rethink how we engage with our customers.
- Ability to communicate data into a story, that resonates and validates our business performance, and drive for actionable insights.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Business and Finance Process Excellence:
- Work across the Modern Work and Security finance team to be the connective tissue between product development and go-to-market.
- Partner with Product Marketing and Engineering to provide key financial insights across the security, compliance, identity, and management landscape – helping to shape decisions and outcomes.
- Drive funnel and usage insights to help draw the path and correlation between usage and revenue growth. In particular, draw analysis on a workload level across our security offerings to drive a ‘land and expand’ framework discussion on growth opportunity.
- Deep compete and market share analysis to allow outside-in view of the broad security landscape to help shape our growth opportunity. In a fragmented market with point provides such as Okta, CrowdStrike, Proofpoint, and others, provide insights into competitor momentum, share gains, and external disclosure approach.
Business Enablement and Compliance:
- Land and drive consistency in how we measure and look at our business and opportunity.
- Partner closely with PMG, engineering, and finance to ensure data consistency and a one MW story.
- Ability to take risk and deal with a level of ambiguity.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance / Business, Accounting or Economics; CPA or MBA preferred
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in financial analysis, reporting, controllership with a good analytical foundation
- Executive communication and presentation experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.