|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As a part of this mission, we are expanding our East Coast engineering presence, including in Pittsburgh. We are seeking a Site Business Manager to be the engine behind the day-to-day operations of the Pittsburgh site. Microsoft Pittsburgh is home to an incredibly talented and diverse group of engineers and program managers focused on Microsoft Azure Cloud Edge + Platforms. We are located on the North Shore, just across the 16th Street Bridge from the vibrant Strip District and downtown Pittsburgh.
The Pittsburgh Site Business Manager is responsible for assisting in site operations and development. This role reports to the Engineering Site Leader and helps drives the business management of the site, including financials, employee experience, community engagement, and rhythm of the business (RoB). A key responsibility of this role is to drive brand awareness of Microsoft and of this site and identify and strengthen healthy strategic relationships with community/commercial organizations and associations. Other key actions include: to pursue opportunities for partnership in the region that leverage technology and industry trends aligned to Microsoft’s technical strategy, to develop a technical agenda for site-wide discussions that highlight Microsoft’s strategic direction, local projects and best-practice development techniques within Microsoft, and to maintain relationships with other sites within the East Coast region to share and leverage best practices and combine efforts to maximize impact. This role will take a One Engineering and One Microsoft mindset and partner closely with human resources, recruiting, corporate communications, and more.
The ideal candidate will be accountable, responsible and demonstrate the highest integrity for excellence. This person should be a self-starter who has a proven track record of working with leaders across large organizations on a shared agenda supporting team success via creative sustainable solutions and developing a multi-team value proposition.
- Responsible for building brand awareness of Microsoft in the Pittsburgh region
- Develop site identity and tell the story of our team’s strategic importance to Microsoft and to the region
- Partner with corporate communications and effectively communicate our story to a range of audiences, including internal and external, deeply technical and non-technical
- Strong emphasis on university and other activities to strengthen our talent pipeline
- Internal site-wide activity and planning
- Develop a strong sense of community
- Create content for internal messaging, identify site highlights and differentiation
- Develop morale activities geared towards work satisfaction
- Facilitate site-wide learning
- Assist the site leadership team in managing our site-wide ERG and the site’s governance council
- Lead community outreach, especially STEM-focused efforts to grow the front-of-funnel
- Connect with area talent pools, hosting open houses, hackathons, etc.
- Community outreach, e.g., partnerships and volunteering engagement
- Academic and technical ecosystem
- Drive key projects as required by the site’s Engineering leadership
- Act as a point-of-contact and spokesperson for the Microsoft engineering roadmap in our region
- BS in business administration or related discipline
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in program, project or business management
- Demonstrated capability to lead people and projects and manage through influence
- Excellent written verbal and communication skills
- Combination of education, training, and experience would be a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.