|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Teams is the most innovative cloud platform in computing today and Microsoft is hiring Teams Technical Specialist (TS).
Microsoft TS’s main goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology. You will work in a team, enabling Microsoft Federal customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Modern Workplace of Microsoft 365, Security, and Surface. TSs are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts and work they are on for salespeople to further pursue. As a TS, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner, and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed quarterly Microsoft 365 suite, Teams, Surface and OEM Meeting/Calling devices sales/usage targets in your accounts. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based infrastructure technologies.
- You will help Federal customers make technical decisions to build future business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will be the subject matter expert for all Gov clouds on your sales team leading technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, production ready pilots for Teams Meetings, Calling and Devices ensuring customer security and compliance requirements are met, assisting with developing the Microsoft 365 Core, Teams Platform & Firstline ecosystem.
- You will lead to clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Secure Teams Meeting, Calling, and Devices sales and customer usage.
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft 365 suite, Teams Voice, and Devices solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for your domain.
- You will be recognized for sharing, learning, and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners, and within Microsoft. Microsoft encourages thought leadership and leadership from every employee.
Technical Solution Leader
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners
- Excellent Communicator. Communication and collaboration, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing, and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
- Deep experience with, and ability to explain key benefits, trade-offs, and architectures relating to network routing (TCP/IP networking, switches, routers, firewalls and protocols), telecommunication platforms (TDM PBX & IP-PBX, A/V MCU, VTCs, SBCs, gateways); voice applications & integration (Auto Attendants, Call Queues, IVRs, ACD, Voice Call Control, Audio/Video/Web
- Conferencing and Devices, CDR, E-911, Voice/Fax, Voicemail, Enterprise Interaction Management, Work Force Management, Sales Automation, Contact Centers and Programmable APIs) and networks (PSTN, Wireless, IP)
- Technical depth. Technical experience with design, configuration, and implementation of infrastructure in Microsoft Teams, Teams Meetings, Phone System, Direct Routing, Devices supporting Meeting Rooms Solutions (Microsoft Surface Hub & OEM Devices) and Calling, interoperability with 3rd party Meetings & Phone System solutions and management cloud as well as competitive product knowledge (Zoom, Cisco, Google)
- Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance (including the EU General Data Protection Regulation) and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions
- Technical breadth. Customer experience and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft 365 data lifecycle management solutions for Firstline, Core Collaboration & Communications content; Teams platform extensibility for low code/no code as well as custom API’s; competitive unified communications solutions and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions with infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management as well as direct experience working with Government Cloud platforms, particularly IL4 and IL5
- Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
- Community Builder. Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow, Microsoft (or similar) customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, internal and external communities and Microsoft (or similar) partners
- Certification in domain-specific technologies
- Direct Experience working with Government Cloud platforms, particularly IL4 and IL5.
- Certification in at least one of the following technologies: Core O365 platform (MS100/101), Skype for Business/Lync server (MS 70-336 or 70-337), Lync Masters, Microsoft 365 Certified: Microsoft Enterprise Administrator Expert, Microsoft MS700 Teams Administrator
- Experience: 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
Washington, DC Metro Area preferred, not required.
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel, as needed, in support of our customers and our business. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 50% of the time. Overnight travel may also be required.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.