|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a company, Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We empower our own people to achieve more and make a difference in the world. Join us and lead transformational impact with our top customers. As a Regional Sales Lead, you will be expected to bring your deep customer, sales and deal making experience to bear on the largest on most important accounts in your time zone leading teams who are critical interface to our most valued customers into the digital age. This role is vital to Microsoft’s competitive ambitions. Traditional sales engagement methods have evolved, and customers are seeking consultative partnerships. Armed with world class cloud solutions, your role is to unlock the potential of our most strategic enterprise customers by demonstrating clear business value accelerating their Digital Transformation and success.
The most successful Sales Leaders are ultra-resourceful, master orchestrators of virtual teams, and exceptional at navigating and influencing in matrix organizations. They are also leaders whom can grow and develop high potential teams and nurture from within by building a trusting, diverse, growth mindset culture. They have exceptional listening skills and are both curious and life learners. These attributes allow them to advise confidently and elevate their customer’s business and articulate the potential opportunities to define the right strategies that will lead our teams to drive massive growth in our clients spend with Microsoft. This role will drive effectiveness and impact in the way we engage with customers. It offers incredible opportunity to accelerate your career by driving business impact that can change the future. Be a part of a transformative, learning culture that drives innovation. It has never been a better time join Microsoft and see up close the digital revolution!
- The Senior Director will be responsible for delivering strategic product & commercial partnerships across the globe reporting to the Vice President of the Strategic Partnership Team.
- This is a technology and product driven role. A background in Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Productivity and Operating Systems will be a great value to the candidate as these segments are within the remit of the team’s responsibilities.
- In addition to driving significant products and commercial results, the Senior Director will be responsible for growing the team’s capabilities, setting team priorities, creating an amazing working environment, and ensuring every employee delivers their priorities and achieves career objectives.
- The Senior Director will build and nurture networks with executive staff and promote the priorities of the supported geographies and partnerships.
- Land the transformation of our sales teams, to increase industry knowledge and confidence engaging with business decision makers.
- Engage directly, with our corporate teams, to shape future strategy, product and engineering road maps, industry priority solutions, and customer content, across all verticals and segments.
- Continuous sharing of learning and insight within the sales organization and across other teams and headquarters
- As a strategic partner, influence our external and internal stakeholders. Drive frictionless cross-team orchestration, consistently showing up to our Customers as One Microsoft
- The Senior Director will grow business networking with c-suite partners, evangelize Microsoft’s capabilities and where required engage with the industry at events.
- Engage with CXO’s, helping them on their own digital transformation as they drive transformation through their company and industry, aligned with Microsoft’s corporate strategy.
- Engage with decision makers converging the line of business and technical workstreams, establishing Microsoft as the technology partner of choice.
- Partner advocate - drive scale to our business through industry partnerships and motions.
- 15+ years of related experience within industries of which 5+ years includes senior leadership roles, managing high performance teams.
- Leadership & interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration, orchestration, and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries as well as executive leadership required.
- Strategic leadership with track record driving results through a team across a matrix organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Planning and Strategy: Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modeling skills. Strong 360-degree strategic thinking is critical to success in the role.
- Collaboration: Independently leading cross-disciplinary direct & virtual teams and driving key business development initiatives for complex deals from creation to implementation in partnership with senior external and internal executives.
- Influence: Ability to influence and drive results in a complex and highly ambiguous technical and business environment including ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives on down and all functions (including engineering, marketing, sales, services, finance and legal) both internally and externally.
- Key interpersonal traits: Motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics and integrity, bias toward data-based decision making and a willingness to take calculated risks.
- Passion: Create great end to end customer experiences including technology services that open new growth opportunities and innovations in business models and partner alliances.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.