|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, we believe everyone should find meaning in their work. If each of us follows our individual passion and contributesourunique philosophy, the impossible becomes possible. So, what does your future hold? Not only for you personally, but for the world? With Microsoft, you can help empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
As a consultant or services professional, you will be a strategic advisor to Microsoft’s enterprise customers and partners helping them optimize their business performance and be on the front line dedicated to solving their technical challenges. You will possess a solid understanding of your customer’s business, industry and needs as cloud and emerging technologies enable digital transformation opportunities for their organizations. You will be responsible for delivering solutions to enable the customer’s desired outcomes, working closely with other teams.
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all availableMicrosoft Federalintern roles. To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled full-time as a student majoring in an applicable fieldwith a minimum of one semester or term to complete after an internship. Microsoft Federal roles support the United States federal government. The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Summer 2021 internships will be virtual experiences.
Consultants are strategists who work closely with Microsoft's partners to assist customers in the delivery of high-quality engagements around Microsoft's solution areas, technologies,servicesand products in diverse client environments.
Consultants assist customers in stabilizing developed solutions using Microsoft methodologies in complex customer environments, in the design and development of integrated solutions using the latest Microsoft products, services and technologies and understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure and operations implications of the developed solution.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, analytical problem solving, and leadership capability.
- Demonstrated self-learner, seeks information about the underlying needs of customers, and builds customer/partner relationships.
- Seeks opportunities to drive Microsoft Services business results by collaborating with multiple team members .
- Product and technology expertise - A passion for technology and working with customers .
- Need to be willing to travel 50-90% due to requirements for onsite service.
- Travel may be reduced due to local or national public health and safety standards.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business, communications,computer science, computer engineering, IT, electrical engineering, management information systems, or related fields(with at least one semester/quarter remaining after a summer 2021 internship)
- Microsoft Product Certification, MCSE or other technical certifications ispreferred.
- Passionfortechnology and working withcustomers.
- The ability to manage executive relationships, both internally and with customers, to create businesstransformation.
- Excellent communication skills and superior customer-service skills desired
- The abilityto work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of regional/virtualteams.
The successful candidate must obtain an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance afterfull timehire. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination. Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.