|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you live to make Microsoft engineers more productive? Can you make progress on complex problems with many competing priorities? Do you know what it takes to manage at scale source control systems? Do you like to see your impact on your customers when you walk down the hall?
We are the Microsoft WDX (Windows and Developer Experiences) Engineering Services team, delivering the technology that empowers Windows engineers. We run a suite of technologies and services for our engineers and customers. Microsoft engineers building Windows want modern and agile processes and systems enabling them to deliver high quality updates to our immense customer base with ease. You will be responsible for delivering a large-scale delivery rhythm of business honoring security, privacy and compliance while ensuring rapid validation of quality, delivering on our vision of a build and validation pipeline limited only by a developer’s imagination.
This program and release management role will be vital in driving our business's rhythm in exciting shipping features for Windows next year. You will own and drive the process, data, and delivery of quality features to over a billion Windows users. This position is an exciting and growing opportunity for any PM/RM looking to step into a high-impacting role.
- Create and communicate a project schedule to stakeholders and provide regular updates as we make progress.
- Work with engineering and PM organizations as part of release planning, ensuring that dependencies and priorities across WDX are clear.
- Proven capability to hold general management and VP levels accountable, setting clear expectations, and generating clarity by providing context.
- Must be able to communicate complex processes or announcements with brevity and accuracy.
- Has worked in multiple cross-group situations and can drive prioritized requirements to teams across Microsoft.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and teams around the organization.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of previous program management or release management
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience building (vs just using) large scale validation pipelines, especially ones used on microservices and containers.
- Proven track record in developing and shipping software or services; experience with shared platforms or services is preferred.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills that require influencing peers and leaders to embrace best practices and align to engineering goals.
- Experience as a product, or program manager in or developer tools, and has in-depth knowledge of developer tools, build, repository, and validation and testing fundamentals.
- Coordinates well with multiple partners in different time zone.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To see all our team’s openings, search for #wdx on our careers page.