|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) team builds and operates Microsoft datacenters, which in turn power Microsoft’s cloud business. We anticipate and provide capacity for continuous scale, enabling ~30% of Microsoft revenue through Commercial Cloud ($38 billion in FY20 Q1). The CO+I Engineering team (CO+IE) delivers services, applications, and automation supporting datacenter planning, construction, and operation. We own a large portfolio of services, including workflows that enable predicable, lowest cost datacenter construction, telemetry systems that drive high availability and optimized energy usage, and task and performance management applications that help our operation run as efficiently as possible. CO+I Engineering is a competitive advantage for Microsoft, and an important pillar in its cloud success.
Are you looking to be at the forefront of Microsoft’s cloud computing transformation and acceleration? Are you looking to work in an agile environment that ships frequently while maintaining a focus on long-term bets? Do you want to work with new technology on both front-end applications and back-end services?
Our team is looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated software engineer lead to transform how Microsoft delivers cloud computing resources around the world. We operate at the center of Microsoft’s business transformation to ensure compute, storage, and network capacity is available when and where it is needed. We work with multiple engineering and business teams to connect data and systems that enable critical business decision-making.
- Lead, develop and retain a team of motivated and passionate software engineers.
- Lead the development of front-end applications and back-end services that automate and optimize the global delivery of cloud infrastructure.
- Deliver platforms and tools that accelerate application building and provide consistent user interactions across a variety of applications.
- Engage with engineers and business partners to identify opportunities to reduce the time it takes to translate customer demand into deployed cloud infrastructure.
- Act as an expert in getting applications and services to production quickly while ensuring code quality and security.
- 10+ years of industry experience developing enterprise software solutions.
- 5+ years demonstrated ability to lead teams and/or projects.
- Excellent computer science fundamentals with strong testing, debugging, and analytical skills.
- Expert-level knowledge of various design patterns and technologies that enable business problem-solving at scale.
- Experience developing high-performance service-oriented solutions.
- Strong communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering colleagues
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.