|Job Type:||Full Time|
Participation in the Research Internship Program requires that you are physically located in the United States or Canada for the duration of the internship
Research Internships at Microsoft provide a dynamic environment for research careers with a network of world-class research labs led by globally-recognized scientists and engineers. Our researchers and engineers pursue innovation in a range of scientific and technical disciplines to help solve complex challenges in diverse fields, including computing, healthcare, economics, and the environment.
There has never been a more exciting time to be working in health and life sciences at Microsoft. Our investments across our organization in research and incubation, world-class talent, and strategic partnerships reflect our CEO Satya Nadella’s vision that many of the next health breakthroughs will come from health and life sciences organizations working in partnership with companies like Microsoft.
As a research intern in our Microsoft Health Next R&D group, you will have the unique opportunity to explore high-impact research careers at Microsoft as part of a network of world-class research and incubation efforts led by globally-recognized scientists and engineers. Our researchers and engineers pursue innovation in a range of scientific and technical disciplines to help solve the world’s most pressing problems.
Our Health Futures team, an interdisciplinary team of researchers, engineers, and clinicians focused on developing next generation methods and tools for health and life sciences, is looking for a research intern will research new methods and tools to enable remote diagnosis, sensing and/or monitoring of high-burden health conditions. Specifically, we are looking for candidates that are interested in building algorithms to measure vital signs using low-cost devices and sensors.
#msfthealthcare #healthfutures #globalhealth #remotecare #sensing #diagnostics
Interns put inquiry and theory into practice. Alongside fellow doctoral candidates and some of the world’s best researchers, interns learn, collaborate, and network for life. Interns not only advance their own careers, but they also contribute to exciting research and development strides. During the 12-week internship, students are paired with mentors and expected to collaborate with other interns and researchers, present findings, and contribute to the vibrant life of the community. Research internships are available in all areas of research, and are offered year-round, though they typically begin in the summer.
The research intern will collaborate with both internal Microsoft engineers and scientists and external stakeholders such as non-profits, academia, pharma to:
- Develop computer vision and machine learning algorithms using large datasets.
- Handle machine learning training problems that utilize real-world spatial and temporal data.
- Conduct experiments and deliver prototypes for real-world impact.
- Propose novel solutions to unsolved engineering and research problems.
- Performance evaluation and bias assessment.
In addition to the qualifications below, you’ll need to submit a minimum of two reference letters for this position. After you submit your application, a request for letters may be sent to your list of references on your behalf. Note that reference letters cannot be requested until after you have submitted your application, and furthermore, that they might not be automatically requested for all candidates. You may wish to alert your letter writers in advance, so they will be ready to submit your letter.
- Must be currently enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, or a related STEM field.
- Must have 1 year of experience with developing computer vision algorithms.
- Participation in the Research Internship Program requires that you are physically located in the United States or Canada for the duration of the internship
- Experience with medical real-world spatial and temporal data.
- Proficiency in Python, C# or any other coding language.
- Experience with deep learning platforms (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, CNTK, ONNX, WinML)
- Experience with cloud computing tools (e.g., AzureML).
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Track record of scientific publications (conference abstracts and/or paper
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.