|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is seeking a Software Engineer who will be working on the Traffic Detection and Enforcement Function (TDEF) product. The TDEF product is deployed as part of virtualized, cloud-native, highly scalable 4G/5G Mobile Gateway at many tier 1 and smaller network operators around the world. You will be joining a versatile, high performance team solving challenging network problems at operators across the globe. The TDEF functionality includes the following services, TCP/HTTPS-Proxy, TCP optimization, UDP/QUIC-Proxy, HTTP-Proxy, DNS Server, DNS Proxy, web filtering and parental controls, video delivery optimization, web acceleration and sponsored data.
- Analyzing network issues
- Designing and implementing software changes
- Solving challenging network problems
- Consulting Customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 5 years of software development experience; or Master’s Degree and 2 years of SW development experience in a related field
- Able to implement software modules of medium to high level of complexity with little supervision required
- Programming Languages – one of C++, C
- Linux application development experience – inter-process communication, multi-threading.
- Understanding of IP networking – TCP, IP, Sockets
- Strong software development skills – Design, Implementation, Testing, Debugging
- Development of High-Performance Software
- Background in HTTP/HTTPS/QUIC/DNS Networking, Wireless Technologies and IP Protocol Development is a plus
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.