|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on virtualized, highly scalable, cloud-based Mobile and GiLAN Gateways deployed at many tier 1 and smaller network operators around the world. You will be leading software projects and developing innovative services in transport and media network stack layers. The services include functionality in TCP/HTTPS-Proxy, UDP/QUIC-Proxy, HTTP-Proxy, DNS-Proxy, DNS-Server, TCP optimization, video delivery optimization, web filtering, web acceleration, and many other additional technologies.
Highly technical project lead with deep experience in networking software development. Responsible for analyzing requirements, scoping projects, interacting with account teams and customers, contributing to project architecture and high-level designs, project planning, leading a team of engineers in development of projectsguiding the team in field issue resolution.
- Master of Science or Ph.D. in Computer Science or Engineering and 10+ years of software development experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading software projects
- Experience in presenting technical solutions to customers
- Experience in managing projects – planning, tracking schedules, risk management
- Experience in Agile is a plus
- Experience in successful delivery of large software projects
- Programming Languages – C++, C, Python or Go
- Understanding Linux application development concepts – inter-process communication, multi-threading, sockets
- Understanding of the following networking protocols – TCP, IP, HTTP, HTTPS, TLS, DNS, QUIC
- Background in Wireless Technologies and Network Architecture is a plus
- Experience in team management is a plus – helping engineers in career development, matching people skills to work assignments, conducting performance reviews, expanding the team by hiring new talent
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.