|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come and be an important technical contributor on the fast paced, high energy team. This team is responsible for managing manufacturing operations for the entire portfolio of Microsoft devices. We are seeking high caliber candidates for a Senior Factory Manager position.
This position’s core focus is managing a contract manufacturers (factory) operations and it requires effective collaboration with several cross functional organizations, including, but not limited to, Product Development, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Compliance, Manufacturing Test and Quality, to solve problems at the CM. The responsibilities of this position are focused on the assembly, system integration and verification of hardware products. This role also includes development of requirements and evaluating different manufacturing solutions for functionality, cost, and volume.
The candidate should also be a strong team player who motivates peers/team, drive root causes analysis to derive actionable data and implement corrective actions timely (by identifying clear problem ownership and take leadership to drive issues closure with various functional teams and supplier), communicates status with peers, clients and other stakeholders and quickly resolves issues that impede business progress.
Lead a team of technical resources to drive actions through internal functional groups and partners (CMs and suppliers) to attain: Continuity of supply, Product quality, achieve end to end process Yields, Product and Facility Compliance.
- Responsible for all facets of operations at the supplier/factory.
- Statement of Work Management (responsible for contracts compliance management with suppliers)
- Assurance of Continuity of Supply / Product quality
- Manufacturing Processes & Tools Development & Implementation in support of Operational Excellence
- SKU & BOM Management / Product EOL Management / Materials Management
New Product Supply Management:
- Gate keeper for key gates like EMV, DVR and STR
- Capacity and resource management to ensure production meets ramp plan
- Factory Budgets (Other Manufacturing Cost)
- Cost Reduction Strategy & Management (via process and operations improvements)
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated work experience in factory operations and high-volume manufacturing
- Experience in Box Build (System Integration) of electronics product is a must
- BS degree or above in Mechanical/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related field required or equivalent
- Ability to interact with Sr. management (internal and external)
- Experience in Engineering, supply Chain, Compliance and people management functions
- Experience in PCBA
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience in Program/project Management
- Negotiation skills and the ability to participate in the closure of complex manufacturing problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects/programs
- Demonstrated ability to manage NPI projects from proto typing phase to manufacturing
- Experience directly managing and leading a technical team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.