|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The Commerce Finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy responsible for the financial compliance for Azure and eCommerce products. We partner deeply with Microsoft engineering teams to drive financial compliance end to end. We work closely with teams to launch products in a financially compliant manner and, also manage Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls for the team.
As a Group Manager within the Commerce Finance team you will lead the compliance team responsible for end to end financial controls, SOX testing and engagement with internal and external audit. The role will require driving clarity with stakeholders within engineering and finance teams, influencing the design of systems & processes, providing key insight to business partners, and designing and managing SOX processes. As a member of the management team you’ll also help us achieve best in class inclusive culture, recruiting, and people development
Core responsibilities include:
- Lead and coach a team of direct reports and perform as a functional subject matter expert (SME) role to others, demonstrating Microsoft’s leadership principles of creating clarity, generating energy and delivering success.
- Managing the ecommerce and Azure compliance programs including
- Manage continuous monitoring and SOX testing programs
- Management of any SOX related questions and activities
- Management and updating of control documentation including narratives, risk and controls matrix, flowcharts, and testing workbooks.
- Compliance Design for New Offers and Platform Capabilities
- Drive the design and influence the implementation of automated, business and financial controls for new-offer and platform capability launches
- Risk Management: Participate in the Risk Management activities; including conducting annual and ongoing risk assessments, collaborating with Stakeholders to prioritize and remediate key findings from risk assessment results.
- 8+ years of financial compliance experience with progressive advancement
- Bachelor degree in related field, MBA / CPA / CIA preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP, Internal Controls, IT Controls and SOX
- Proficient at designing business controls, financial controls, general computer controls (GCC), and general application controls (GAC)
- Demonstrated ability to form and influence cross-functional partnerships to deliver high impact projects
- People management experience required
- Proven management capabilities to attract, retain and develop talent
- Regularly able to demonstrate leadership and inclusion best practices
- Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Manage multiple projects with excellent attention to detail under deadlines
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills and experience presenting to executives.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.