|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers and partners to drive their business more successfully. The Commerce Finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy responsible for the financial compliance of product and capabilities launches in Microsoft. We partner deeply with Microsoft engineering, operations, and business development teams to drive financial compliance. We collect and prioritize finance risks and requirements, help launch new offers, and provide appropriate ongoing program management and governance.
As a Senior Manager within the Commerce Finance team you will lead financial compliance processes for launches that require Complex Accounting Capabilities both automated and manual. The role will require driving clarity with stakeholders within engineering, finance, and business development teams, influencing the design of systems & processes, providing key insight to business partners, and designing monthly financial close processes.
- Represent the Finance function on the launch program team. Align Finance to the business roadmap, identify Finance requirements and represent Finance in cross-functional program management and governance discussions.
- Leverage project management best practices to partner with and drive Finance function-specific SMEs, engineering leads, business and launch managers to assess impact, align project plans/timelines, monitor progress, test and signoff launches, and track issues and communicate status.
- Drive design work both automated and manual with engineering and finance teams to enable and implement finance requirements.
- Work with controllership team to design and implement financial close processes.
- Responsible for verification and sign off of User Acceptance Testing.
- Actively drive communication and participate in the finance readiness rhythm of the business (ROB), to keep Finance stakeholders informed and engaged on product/offer launch topics.
- Facilitate the development of launch readiness solutions across stakeholder group, as needed.
- 6+ years of finance related experience with progressive advancement
- Bachelor degree in related field, MBA / CPA preferred
- Deep understanding of GAAP, accounting, and financial close processes
- Demonstrated ability to form and influence cross-functional partnerships to deliver high impact projects
- Regularly able to demonstrate leadership and inclusion best practices
- Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Manage multiple projects with excellent attention to detail under deadlines
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills and experience presenting to executives.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.