|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers and partners to drive their business more successfully.
The Commerce Finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy responsible for the financial compliance of product and capabilities launches in Microsoft. We partner deeply with Microsoft engineering, operations, and business development teams to drive financial compliance. We collect and prioritize finance risks and requirements, help launch new offers, and provide appropriate ongoing program management, governance, and oversight.
The Senior Finance Manager scope will include the following:
- Leverage collaboration, technology, and process strength to deliver post-launch capabilities
- Gain awareness to all post-launch items via forums and processes, and establish a reliable and complete intake method to collect and store all key attributes
- Collect and store all key information of post-launch items including detailed descriptions, engineering accountabilities, delivery dates, risk levels, and interim mitigations
- Use Azure Devops and Power BI tools to manage inventory of items, create dashboards, and report out status and progress of post-launch items
- Actively and effectively partner across multiple stakeholders to drive delivery of post-launch capabilities
- Guide post-launch capabilities into financial testing and validation processes to ensure proper governance
- Partner with other Commerce Finance team members to create, refine, and articulate cross-team processes including post-launch
- Support SOX 302 disclosure and CR4 review process by leveraging post-launch inventory
- Support other Launch deployment activities including facilitation of Finance UAT’s
- Build and foster trusted relationship with a wide set of stakeholders by being a collaborative partner who can listen, take in different perspectives, and deliver on commitments
- Model the growth mindset to continuously grow and develop
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented & thorough, with ability to think “big picture”
- Proven financial project management capability with the track record of landing complex projects successfully
- Strong analytical skills to detect issues in a complex Commerce environment
- Hand on ability with Azure DevOps, and Power BI dashboards
- Hands on experience and user-level expertise with Microsoft systems (MS Sales, Mercury, SAP)
- Experience launching new products in a financially compliant way
- Excellent communicator in all forms
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, and partnership competencies. Ability to mobilize a diverse team to a common goal
- Highly effective individual who can work independently with excellent organization skills - ability to manage multiple, competing projects/priorities
- 5-10 years of finance and finance systems experience
- Bachelors degree in finance or computer science/applications required, Graduate degree preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.