|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a highly committed, technically strong, and organized finance professional to join the US Government Launch Team within Commerce Finance as a Finance Manager, with the responsibility to design compliant system capabilities and features with appropriate controls, perform reviews and record appropriate adjustments for US government online commerce (i.e., Azure and Office) offerings. This role will partner closely with various Finance, Operations, and Engineering teams to understand offers, access data, perform analysis, and help design finance system process.
Partnership and relationship building are at the core of this role and is the foundation of what we do: Develop trusted business partnerships with various functions including but not limited to Engineering and Operations, Regional Operations Centers, Business Desk, Corporate Accounting and Engineering Group Finance and various other organizations through deep understanding of their business and proactive financial management. Be boundaryless and incorporate diverse perspectives from a broad group of stakeholders; lead with a can-do/positive attitude.
Adding to this foundation, core responsibilities include:
- System Design: Understand and assess financial impact of new government offers, including process and system changes. Work with finance teams to determine requirements and partner with the engineering teams on compliant design.
- Readiness: Design and execute user acceptance test cases and testing before launch and follow up with after-launch hypercare. Goal is to ensure compliant financial design and implementation (including both GAAP and Controls compliance) end to end.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills, with ability to understand different points of view and prioritize, with an open mindset and a view to what is right for the company.
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to create clarity and effectively influence across all levels and functions, driving alignment on business and finance requirements.
- Strong project management skills, with ability to lead end to end projects, drive deliverables against tight deadlines, hold owners accountable, document and track open items, working proactively with key stakeholder groups.
- Understanding of financial accounting and reporting requirements, including US GAAP
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work creatively and effectively in ambiguous situations, maintaining an inquisitive and open approach.
- Strong listening skills and empathy for stakeholders and the business challenges they face.
- Detail oriented, accurate, and thorough, with strong follow through and reliability.
- Must have a great attitude and ability to remain positive and productive in challenging situations, with the desire to make others successful and contribute to team success.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Revenue Accounting / Revenue Recognition / Contract Reviews
- Basic financial system knowledge (e.g., SAP, ERP systems)
- US Citizenship is required due to US government sensitive information
- CPA is a plus
- Experience with online commerce
- Experience on government contracting
- Project/program management skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.