|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers and partners to drive their business more successfully. The Commerce Finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s digital transformation responsible for the financial compliance of product launches and for the accuracy and completeness of Microsoft Online Financial Reporting.
(C+E) is Microsoft’s Online Commerce platform that supports billing, payment and collection, developer payouts and fulfillment through all of Microsoft’s online marketplaces (Azure, Office, Xbox, Microsoft.com, etc.). As we modernize our commercial offerings and converge our consumer storefronts, the volume of transactions on the platform is experiencing a very significant growth.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager with strong Controllership and Financial Analysis expertise to support our mission to strengthen and scale our C+E Financial Reporting processes. This position will play a key role in supporting Online Financial close processes and in contributing to the execution of our key SoX controls. This role provides a great opportunity to partner closely with a various set of stakeholders (Finance, Operations, and Engineering teams).
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accounting/Finance professional to work in a high performing team, a fast-paced and complex environment, thus bringing ample opportunities to grow and deliver impacts. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who has the ability to work through ambiguity, proactively solve problems, and build strong partnerships.
The Finance Manager scope will include the following:
- Develop a solid understanding of end to end processes, data flows, control environment, and financial systems supporting the Financial Reporting transaction flow
- Close Process: Complete month-end close activities, approve monthly or quarterly GL reconciliations, and assist in internal or external audit queries.
- Perform and review key SoX controls and various inter-Systems reconciliations contributing to the accuracy of our Online Reporting.
- Ensure business and system changes are covered with appropriate financial processes and have sound internal controls in place. Support the design and testing of new processes and changes.
- Lead investigations and drive solutions into identified system and financial issues with relevant business partners.
- Contribute to the validation/UAT of new processes and changes.
- Develop strong relationships with business partners and take a leadership role on cross-group initiatives to improve business and reporting processes and solve problems.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders to ensure all risks and issues are appropriately captured, mitigated, and managed.
- A Professional BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business, is required with a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated work experience in finance with an emphasis on Controllership/Accounting, Controls and Compliance, Financial Systems and Audit.
- Deep understanding of GAAP, accounting, and financial close processes
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and fast paced environment. Detail oriented & thorough, with ability to think “big picture”.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, and partnership competencies. Ability to mobilize a diverse team to a common goal,
- Highly effective individual who can work independently with excellent organization skills - ability to manage multiple, competing projects/priorities.
- CPA with Online Commerce experience is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.