|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s core cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. With more than 95% of Fortune 500 business on Azure, millions using Office 365 and other services – all running on Microsoft's cloud infrastructure – CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life. In CO+I, the Datacenter Integration Services team ensures that engineering and datacenter operations are ready to deploy and operate new cloud infrastructure information technology designs in our global datacenter fleet.
As principal program manager, you will take ownership for strategy development for deployment and break-fix processes used on the datacenter shop floor. Working with software engineering groups across the company, you will drive datacenter operations requirements to shape capacity deployment workflow orchestration systems. You will work with datacenter operations to understand and control for datacenter shop floor conditions that constrain and shape deployment and break-fix processes to improve safety, predictability, and quality. In our evolving cloud business, constant growth in scale and complexity make this a challenging opportunity to transform how we grow Microsoft's cloud infrastructure. You will work with leaders across CO+I and engineering groups to shape operations strategies to meet tomorrows business needs.
- Define and classify datacenter information technology capacity deployment scenarios to enable predictable on-time delivery worldwide of new information technology capacity and HW repairs in Microsoft's cloud infrastructure.
- Develop operations strategies enabling edge, private cloud and microregions.
- Use deep cloud information technology infrastructure expertise to create specifications for feature areas that enable the most complex deployment scenarios.
- Bring datacenter operations and engineering teams together to apply systems solutions to improve deployment & break-fix process design, quality and performance.
- Lead stakeholders to make sound design tradeoffs, balancing shop floor efficiencies and gains with the need to support agile infrastructure growth for emerging cloud service scenarios.
- Develop overall partner strategy to ensure the appropriate deployment process model, value measurement, messaging, support structure and operational readiness for new and existing information technology designs.
- Systematically evaluate process management and engineering system roadmaps to drive new ways of thinking about the deployment process across groups to improve quality, predictability, and responsiveness for new and existing deployment scenarios.
- Identify unaddressed deployment process issues and resolve, escalate, or find the appropriate owner to ensure the best outcome for Microsoft's customers.
- Cultivate a rich understanding of deployment process telemetry, measures, and metrics, and regularly monitors outcomes to understand process state and discover new ways to improve.
- 5 years’ experience in information technology operations, including server, network device, cabling infrastructure operations in a datacenter production environment.
- 5 years’ experience in software development lifecycle, including participation in design, specification, and release management.
- 2 years’ experience in advanced data analysis and visualization.
- 5 years’ experience preparing and presenting documents and presentations summarizing program status and performance for senior leadership audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS or equivalent
- Experience using Power BI, R, and other statistical computing and graphics software to analyze and present statistical process performance summaries.
- Experience using structured query language (SQL), Apache Hadoop, and other map reduce and big data storage and analysis platforms to retrieve and structure large datasets for reporting and analysis.
- Experience in a datacenter or manufacturing operations environment
- Experience putting lean practices to use to control and optimize processes, including accountability to track outcomes.
- Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.