|Job Type:||Full Time|
Process all outbound sales orders daily. You will be responsible for picking, checking, packing and shipping all sales orders daily. As shipping clerk, you must have a great eye for detail and have adequate physical strength to load boxes onto pallets for shipment.
The goal is to ensure we ship every order daily.
- Prepares finished stock by pulling product for shipment
- Transport items from storage areas to the packing area
- Check products for accuracy and defects
- Replace any defective item prior to packing and report defective materials
- Ensure that serial and part numbers match the product
- Notifies Supervisor of inventory discrepancies
- Ensure that items are packed in a safe manner by using packing materials
- Make sure that packed cartons are sealed and labeled appropriately
- Operates hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas
- Operates the stretch wrap banders
- Ensure that all accompanying documentation is present with packed items
- Process orders based on the sales orders shipping system (e.g. UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Prepare shipment papers in accordance to guidelines provided by the customer/company
- Make arrangements with carriers for pickup of shipments
- Arrange for adequate supply of shipping materials at all times
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Respond to telephone calls, visitors and emails in a prompt, clear, and courteous manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as shipping clerk or similar position
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work to successfully accomplish job duties daily
- Ability of working in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time unassisted
- Applies job knowledge/skills and company policies/procedures to complete a variety of tasks.
- Full knowledge of job role.
- Identifies and selects the appropriate established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Requires a High School Diploma/GED or local equivalent and 2 years of related experience.
- AA Degree in related discipline or local equivalent is preferred.