|Job Type:||Full Time|
Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Data Analytics Team
Thumbtack’s Operations Analytics team is a tight-knit group charged with providing actionable insights for Thumbtack’s Customer and Pro Operations Team. We collaborate with various groups across the company on a wide variety of projects; everything from click-level data from our online Help Center, to call-level data from our customer success and sales team, to request- and quote-level data from our product database.
About the Role
As a Data Analyst, you’ll leverage your strong analytics skills to help Thumbtack meet the needs of our platform’s users through measuring user experience, analyzing customer and pro self-service efforts, improving our data processes, and tackling high-impact projects. With help from fellow analysts on the Operations Analytics Team, you’re expected to quickly build expertise in Thumbtack’s products and processes, and use that expertise to improve how Thumbtack supports it’s local service providers and customers.
- Drive analyses and initiatives to improve how we support Thumbtack’s pros and customers
- Forecast and measure the impacts of business changes on contact center volume and headcount/capacity planning call, email, chat, and text channels
- Partner with leaders of Thumbtack’s Customer Support and Marketplace Trust & Safety teams to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions
- Build and maintain reports, models, and visualizations which provide insight into users’ experiences and business performance
- Leverage SQL to pull complex data from a relational database for use in forecasting, reporting, and analyses
- Identify key drivers of core business outcomes through data exploration, regression analyses, and other statistical techniques
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching and more
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics, Math, or Computer Science
- Prior experience with contact center analytics
- Strong capabilities in forecasting and modelling complex data using both time-series and regression models
- Ability to translate business plans into impact estimates
- Experience with BI dashboarding tools (e.g. Tableau, Mode, Domo, PowerBI, Sisense)
- Proficiency using SQL to query large datasets
- Ability to detect and debug anomalies in complex data processes
- Proficiency with statistics/programming languages (e.g., R, Python)
- Experience building predictive/machine learning models on large datasets -- from ideation to implementation
- Experience with phone call, chat, SMS, and email contact center platforms (such as Five9, Quiq, Salesforce, Teleopti)
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.