|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Industrial business unit is a global leader in connectivity products for the Industrial market. The business serves several large OEMs in Factory Automation, Building Automation, Rail, Machinery and several other end-markets through a direct sales force and more than 100,000 customers through the distribution channel. With over $1.1 billion revenue, significant presence in key markets across the globe, broad product portfolio, and several reputed brands, the business is among the leaders in its market.
Industrial Systems is a global business (typically referred as Systems Sub-Vertical) and it is organized as a stand-alone P&L within the Industrial BU and the Systems team has responsibility for product management, engineering, project management, manufacturing, and field application engineering activities required to win in its product markets. The business has a leading position in some of the market segments served, with significant organic and inorganic growth opportunities and potential for further expansion on a global scale.
The Americas Regional Product Management Leader for Systems Sub Vertical will be responsible for leading the product management team in the region. This role will initially lead a team of two senior product managers covering the key product families of the portfolio in the region and will have the task to scale up the team size and business in alignment to the global strategies. This leader is responsible for revenue, pipeline/conversion and margin of the portfolio. This role will manage the region including major growth opportunities via the different channels for the Systems sub-vertical and will play a critical role to drive commercial initiatives, close go-to-market gaps. and contribute to extend our sales coverage (SAM expansion)
The Americas Regional Product Management Leader will bring a growth-oriented and entrepreneurial mind-set, excellent commercial acumen and leadership experience, and a hands-on leadership style. The role will appeal to those with aspirations for further personal and career growth as the company seeks to further enhance the overall bench-strength for succession for the role of Division Product Management/Commercial Directors of the Industrial business unit.
The successful candidate will be part of the Industrial Systems Product Management leadership team and will report to the Director Product Management of Industrial Systems division. The role will be based in the US.
What you will be doing:
Develop Regional Execution Plans
- Owns and drives SAM Expansion and define resource requirements necessary to execute SAM expansion in the region
- Work effectively with the Global Product Management teams to translate the global product line strategies in regional execution plans at granular level
- Active contributor of the definition of regional product strategies and partnerships for growth to the Global Product Manager Teams including plans to build out required support structures to make strategies work
- Is the "One face” of the SV to the sales teams in the regions – drives regular and ongoing interlocks with the local sales team
- Closely work with the sales organization to define must wins, share gains programs, and drives empowerment that accelerates speed and responsiveness while jointly executing GTM strategies
- Establish and develop close relationships and intimacy with key customers and focus distributors to drive growth in the region
- Ensures in-depth knowledge of the local market & customer behavior and forecast trends in the region to be fed into the broader product management teams
- They act as the “ambassadors” of customers and distributors (VOC) in the product management team for the assigned region to help developing strategies to meet/exceed market and customers’ needs
- Drive specific product management initiatives regionally including the definition and deployment of marketing initiatives
Drives Profitable Growth
- Drives and enable customer/distributor intimacy. Partners effectively with the sales organization and drives empowerment that accelerates speed and responsiveness
- Closely work with sales to drive pipeline and conversion for the assigned region with key focus in growing the product lines based on portfolio strategy and value drivers
- Execute pricing policies as defined by the global product management group
- Manage the day to day business – for example, special pricing, delivery escalations, S&OP, etc.- partnering with the appropriated functions
- Act with his/her team as new project development champions to drive NPI aligned to the Value Driver execution
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution to gaps together with the GPMs
- S/he is a capable operator – achieves results by creating an operating rhythm for the business that helps the team accomplish topline and bottom-line results in a predictable manner
- Creates a high-performing team by setting a high standard, active coaching, and selective talent upgrades. Empowers and develops team through thoughtful delegation and empowerment
- Develops stars in the teams and build solid succession for him/herself and each member of the team
- Creates / inspires a humble, learning and growth oriented, and continuous improvement mindset and culture in the team
- Foster a market-oriented and winning culture in the team
- Communicates widely and at multiple levels in the organization. Uses a variety of tools such as townhalls, skip-levels, and 1-on-1 sessions
- Fixes under-performance in a timely manner by confronting the challenges through feedback sharing and hands-on coaching. Addresses problems with agility and does not hesitate to
Year 1 Success Factors
- Bring relevant regional market and channel intelligence and focus applications insights to support the development of global strategies
- Establish a compelling translation of the global product line strategies in granular growth plans (must-wins, target competitors, channel and partner network, etc.) aligned with key sales stakeholders in the region
- Partner with the relevant sales leaders to strengthen the commercial cadence and execution to accelerate top-line growth. Develop personal contacts and relationships with the major Direct customers and key Distribution partners for the product families
- Develop and execute the talent assessment and development plan including succession roadmap
- Implement a robust execution cadence to drive all the key results for the function (revenue, gross margin, new product launches and sales, customer growth, S&OP etc.)
- Establish a consistent continuous improvement mind-set across the function to drive efficiencies and a culture of learning
- Build strong network within Industrial Business Unit across functions and broadly within TE Product Management community to leverage on best practices and cross functional knowledge sharing
What your background should look like:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role or business development or strategy
- Experience and/or exposure to the Industrial market and specific Factory Automation and/or Process Automation Industry is highly recommended
- Experience in front line commercial/sales role is a plus
- Proven track record to lead a high-performing team within a fast pace and constantly changing environment
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups