|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation team (CO+I) is the team behind the Microsoft’s Cloud infrastructure and is responsible for innovating, planning designing, building, and operating one of the largest datacenter fleets in the world. We support product teams by providing the secure and compliant, cost efficient and highly available global infrastructure that Microsoft’s customers depend on. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency and a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
To keep up with rapidly changing customer and business demands, CO+I is looking for a world class program manager who can lead complex changes to our global infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, has an ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and a desire to help shape the overall business. You will lead multiple simultaneous large-scale initiatives with a balance of technical leadership and strong business judgement. Customer empathy and relentless drive to help customers feel more confident in our cloud services are key attributes for being successful.
As an ideal candidate, you are a solution-oriented person with a combination of deep business and planning-related domain expertise and an analytical mindset. You must have the ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups to develop creative engineering solutions to drive changes in our complex and rapidly growing Cloud Infrastructure. This role requires familiarity with the breadth of Microsoft’s online services, strong program management skills, analytical fluency, ability to work with both business and engineering teams as well as an instinct for and appreciation of the needs of multiple business and engineering stakeholders.
If you are looking for a high paced, high impact, high visibility role, Sr. Program Manager role may be what you are looking for.
- Work with team leaders on key programs and strategic initiatives to develop clarity on PMO scope and deliverables. Establish a results-oriented, metrics-driven programmatic approach to deliver strategic initiatives.
- Establish a scalable PM framework that provides visibility and ensures success for CO+I’s project and program portfolio. Refine methodology, tools and templates for continuous improvement.
- Advance CO+I’s PM capability by evaluating and improving program management capabilities and encouraging and applying PM best practices across the organization.
- Define best practices for business cases that drive long-term, integrated, cross-business solutions and roadmaps that improve business performance and mitigate risk.
- Drives the identification and prioritization of opportunities for improvement across processes or services. Evangelizes proposed changes across groups.
- Drives simplification and automation to evolve processes, services, and solutions, to increase agility and efficiencies and lower costs.
- Build and lead the delivery of key projects and programs within the CO+I organization as well as across the C+AI division.
- Create, develop, and lead a world class program management team that regularly and successfully delivers complex, impactful, and visible infrastructure projects and programs.
- 8+ years of Leadership experience in Project Management and Delivery
- Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent degree or related experience
- Previous experience in construction or datacenter infrastructure management
- Familiarity with common process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six-Sigma, etc.)
- Familiarity with change management methodologies & ability to drive solution adoption across the organization
- Proven success in leading medium to large scale projects and achieving results in midst of ambiguity and across multiple organizations
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication, ability to interact with diverse groups across multiple organizational levels
- Creative problem-solving & analytical skills to drive keen insights and understand root causes combined with a “sense of urgency” to develop solutions
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.