|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join a team that is at the forefront of devices innovation at Microsoft and is passionate about creating new products for our customers. We have a unique career opportunity that combines both technical capabilities as well as business insight. Do you want to be at the forefront of devices innovation at Microsoft? Do you have a passion to deliver new technology to customers? Are you seeking a unique career opportunity that combines both technical capabilities, as well as business insight?
The Strategic Sourcing Group at Microsoft is seeking a passionate, driven, collaborative, and intellectually curious Sourcing Manager to drive impact and deliver results in the world of Microsoft Devices. The Strategic Sourcing Group is a pivotal, upstream team in the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Services (MSC) Organization, which is part of the Windows and Devices Group at Microsoft. The Strategic Sourcing Group is responsible for all direct materials and supply chain services sourcing for our first party hardware devices. We develop partnerships with our internal hardware and software engineering and development teams and our third party external suppliers to deliver high-quality products that delight our customers and deliver a fantastic Windows experience.
- Develop and execute a market leading sourcing category and supply base strategy in the Mechanical/Material via full market knowledge, supplier selection, predictable and industry leading commodity pricing plan, and total cost of ownership (TCO) and cost modeling through transparent supplier relationship management.
- Secure components and/or services in the assigned category that will provide competitive advantage in both technology and cost for Microsoft.
- Deliver closest-to-the-pin accurate cost and budget projections, with the ability to justify decisions based on data and experience.
- Drive change management to create relationship with cross functional teams to continuously improve manufacturing efficiency, yield and performances via repeatable processes, people growth, and elimination of work duplication process waste.
- Business owner of the category and component supplier relationships, including the management and negotiation of contractual agreements and related negotiations and executions. Develop supplier capabilities and drive roadmap visibility across Microsoft hardware businesses.
- Manage the supply base end-to-end from inception to end-of-life. Work with a cross functional team to drive the supplier selection process and component qualification both under strict engineering and commercial best practices/disciplines. Work and partner collaboratively with a diverse set of other team members on many fronts, from product incubation initial qualification to end-of-life to deliver high quality products. This will include traveling of up to 25% of the time.
- College degree in Engineering, Supply Chain management, Operations, business or related field
- 5+ years experience in sourcing mechanical components, ideally in consumer electronics
- 2+ years experience interfacing with engineers on critical aspect of product design
- Experience with managing outsourced partners
- Proven track record of delivering complex products to market
- Ability to work independently and within a matrixed environment
- Ambitious to learn and grow with a dynamic organization
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.