|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Devices Engineering Services team is looking for a strong, motivated, independent, and energetic Program Manager to drive complex project requirements, cross-team communication, and execution accountability across both technology and business projects to enable the Devices Engineering teams. We are responsible for building, developing, improving, and sustaining internal tools and IT infrastructure supporting the Microsoft Devices engineering organization.
We’re looking for a motivated Program Manager to deliver innovative solutions and technologies through utilization of strong Solution, Stakeholder, Change, Communications, and Risk Management within an Agile Scrum environment. We are investing in the development and application of technology to optimize the operational efficiencies within our processes with a focus on simplicity, scalability, sustainability and security.
As a Technical Program Manager - SW Security you will be responsible owning the roadmap for SW security services. Leveraging the Agile/Scrum methodology you'll fill the role of Scrum Master and Product Owner - facilitating the agile ceremonies, continually improving and maturing the teams delivery and velocity, and improving the SW Security Services for greater efficiency. You'll directly own internal 'customer' engagements, connecting and learning their SW Security Service needs and requirements, creating and prioritizing the work items for the team, conducting sprint planning and monitoring sprint burndown to keep the team focused on successful sprint delivery. The TPM plays a critical role in building and maintaining relationships with internal and cross organizational partner teams, designing excellent customer experiences. As an advocate for the customer the TPM will partner closely with the SW Security Services team to deliver consistent results.
- Communicate regularly with internal customers to monitor satisfaction, manage expectations, reliable delivery with a hands-on approach.
- Software Security Service management across differing types of builds (application, web, service, API, Image, driver…)
- Ensure that defined SW Security Services processes are followed accurately
- Stakeholder, Communications, Risk/Issue, Change, and Expectation Management
- Process Identification and Documentation
- Agile Scrum methodology (User Stories and Acceptance Criteria) and Ceremony facilitation
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Risk, Issue, and Dependency Management
- Understanding technology-based solutions supporting existing processes
- Respectfully challenging the status-quo to bring the best solutions possible to meet both articulated and unarticulated needs
- Continually improving the SW Security Services process and pipeline automation
- Identify and resolve issues in existing processes
- Report to Management in a clear and accountable manner
- Continuously work to improve and optimize security and service delivery
- Minimum of 6 years of proven Technical Program Manager experience developing scalable applications and services, directly working with development teams, technical documentation, and release management.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and SW development experience
- Technical enough to be comfortable asking questions to dig into SW Security Services issues, quickly gather and synthesize information, devise a plan, get buy-in and move towards resolution. Strong understanding of SW Security Services capability is a plus.
- Demonstratable knowledge of Scrum, work prioritization, user story development, coaching, and ceremony facilitation.
- Demonstrable record of team leadership, innovative thinking and results delivery
- Ability to collaborate and work toward resolutions with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders
- Ability to manage prioritization needs and changes in a methodical manner
- Confident and articulate at expressing ideas to a diverse audience with varying views and challenges.
- Strong analytical skills, combined with a strategic orientation, as well as an aptitude for solving complex business problems
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to impact & influence key stakeholders
- Ability to effectively operate and drive results in undefined and highly ambiguous scenarios
- Ability to resolve ambiguity or conflict situations to bring teams and business groups into alignment
- Demonstrated track-record of self-directed execution
- Demonstrated ability to identify cross-team differences, lead a positive collaboration and resolve issues
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.