|Job Type:||Full Time|
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Digital has increased the speed, and changed the way, in which companies build and reinvent themselves. To remain relevant in the next decade, companies need to establish organizational structure with a digital culture at its core, a digital platform, and a digital approach to innovation.
Microsoft Digital Advisors bring expertise, commitment and resources to drive a program of change to build a company’s digital business. They guide organizations as they reimagine and transform customer engagements, employee experiences, business models and operations. Microsoft Digital Advisors work with customer teams to dream and envision their desired future, consider economic value and alternative ideas, and prioritize them. As the joint team designs, it refines the ideas, identifies dependencies, and eliminates roadblocks. The team continuously delivers innovation as this process, supported by the customer’s digital culture and platform, goes from its first success to an embedded, systematic approach that captures the value of the Digital Era.
Digital Advisors guide organizations to create an aspirational plan that formalizes their digital vision and be a leader of the execution plan to ensure results. The Digital advisor is a Key Enterprise Services role in demand generation within Areas through partnership with Account teams.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
The focus of the Digital Advisor role is to Dream, Design & Deliver Digital Transformation, bringing innovative ideas, leveraging the Microsoft Platform and showcasing the unique role that Microsoft can play.
Digital Advisory Services
Influence the mindset of customers and account teams by challenging the status quo and bringing innovative ideas that showcase Microsoft’s unique value proposition to our customers’ businesses. Instigate the DT program of change with customers to build their digital business, resulting in commitment from customers to proceed with the plan. Demonstrate how the vision becomes a reality when all relevant Microsoft resources and technologies are brought to bear. Design the DT program of change and its three elements – digital culture, digital platform, and digital approach.
Change Leadership and Adoption
Bring their expertise, as well as the full potential of Microsoft to reach the customer’s digital aspirations. Provides experience and leadership capabilities to ensure a proper digital transformation governance model to lead the change, ensure business value is created, deliverables are met, and a DT program of change is creating continuous innovation capability within the customer, leading to ongoing commitment and consumption of our cloud services.
Be an Enterprise Services Role Model
Strong Leadership of the Digital Advisor Community. Establish themselves in the marketplace and internally as a thought leader and trusted advisor to executives and account teams. Instigate shift from deal-by-deal approach, towards initiation of a DT program of change, where Microsoft, our partners and customers jointly pursue continuous business innovation to evolve market perception of Microsoft as a digital partner of choice. Generates a diverse and inclusive workgroup environment, demonstrating cross group collaboration.
- 10+ years of professional experience, including technical and/or business consulting
- 2+ Years of Digital Transformation experience
Relevant Characteristics and Experience for the Digital Advisor Role
Our Digital Advisors know their customer’s business, the industry in which they operate, and how Microsoft can help them drive their Digital transformation. The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy, a principled approach to broad digital transformational challenges and opportunities including strong leadership and people skills. They also share a common set of characteristics and bring the experience that will drive innovation and customer value leveraging the following:
- Broad understanding of the technology industry, including current and emerging Digital Solutions, and experience managing technology-enabled business change within one or more vertical industries (i.e., Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Public Sector)
- Executive presence, including ability to hold CXO level discussions, and executive-level, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers
- Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from a business and technology perspective
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic operational execution and delivery, including the coordination of relevant resources
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills, drive for results and demonstrated recognition for driving impact
- Consistent record of delivering business value, by bringing the benefits of technology to transform their business
Ability to conceptualize, launch and plan the delivery of digital-enabled business change projects
- Passion for technology, business, market trends and, specifically, the Customer
Experience implementing key Microsoft, or related technologies, with a preference for depth in Cloud and IoT
- Ability to become an advocate for Microsoft’s vision and value proposition, and diverse offerings, by conceptualizing, planning and leading implementation/adoption of Microsoft technologies
- Recognized innovator with strong storytelling abilities to inspire growth mindset for the teams and the customers
Travel is an integral expectation of this position as the needs of our customers and our business demand with up to 70% Travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.