|Location:||Bellevue, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you believe in data-driven performance insights for better decision making and coaching? Are you seeking a role, which plays an integral part in driving transformation across the whole Microsoft’s Sales organization and offers you direct connection to all the key Microsoft teams, their strategic priorities and key performance indicators? If your answer is yes, then Field Performance Management (FPM) team in WW Marketing and Operations (WW M&O) is the place for you!
The Subsidiary Scorecard is the primary mechanism for setting non-financial targets in the field sales organization (and often the targets become the company targets). The metrics we set targets for come from a variety of disparate sources with varying levels of historical data, different conceptual measures (active users, consumed revenue, customers added, market share, penetration etc.) – we also set these targets to a low grain (geos and customer segments) each with different challenges. This complexity, combined with the high impact (due to business reviews and most landing in compensation) means we need to strongly manage how targets are set, and carefully consider and govern changes to the targets through the year.
This role would be responsible for:
- Managing the annual target setting process - including setting modelling standards and leading some modelling – working across Finance, Marketing and WCB to ensure robust models are developed that lead to attainable yet challenging targets.
- Documenting and communicating governance principles and processes.
- Leading the quarterly escalation process where requests for changes to targets from the field or other sources must be understood (in partnership with Area Business and Sales Ops leads), evaluated with marketing/finance against the governance principles and then implemented.
- Performing regular ad-hoc analysis on targets and actuals to understand where there are challenges or insights, whether the targets still make sense (i.e. is there unintended upside or downside, are the targets driving the right behavior).
Given the changes in our company and in the competitive market around us, there has never been a time when this role was more poised to make an enormous impact than it is right now. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience leading business financial planning/business management in a sophisticated cross functional and international capacity, while overseeing the implementation and usage of complex analytics at senior levels of management.
The successful candidate will have strong, proven experience in business intelligence, process management and will be a superior conceptual and analytical thinker. You must be highly organized and detail-focused, have effective communication and presentation skills, as well as cross group collaboration experience.
- 5+ years of finance, marketing, sales excellence, or operations
- Another key success factor is being an effective learner, who assimilates new domain knowledge, ideas, and information quickly.
- Excellent communication and partnering skills
- Must have Advanced Excel skills
- SQL and BI tools knowledge is a plus
- Advanced analytical and interpretative capabilities to work with massive amounts of data from numerous sources and get a holistic view
- Maturity to effectively manage priorities under time pressure.
- Strong business strategy, decision-making, and project-management skills
- Critical thinking, analysis, reporting, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter who can work autonomously and across teams
- Thrives in and can drive results in a complex, multi-site, multi-stakeholder environment; and who loves the creativity, energy, and enthusiasm of a fast, collaborative, innovative team Experience operationalizing business scorecards and/or dashboards.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.