|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about the web? Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of millions of customers?
As a Program Manager on the Microsoft Edge Web Platform team, you will work closely with consumers and internal/external developers to understand their unmet needs. Using these learnings, you will define metrics for success that tie back to customer outcomes; rapidly prototype and test solutions with your engineering team; and iterate frequently while you launch/evangelize new solutions and measure their success in the wild. You will also work with browser engineers and web experts around the world to make the web better for everyone through your involvement in various web standards bodies.
- Drive research and analysis of customer’s unmet needs and define product/web platform changes in close partnership with the engineering team.
- Work with web standardization bodies to define and evolve the web platform and its components.
- Communicate effectively with the web developer community in-person and at scale.
- Lead and actively stay engaged in open source efforts.
We value individuals who are
- Highly creative and can incorporate industry and competitive knowledge to tackle complex problems.
- Self-starters that can work independently.
- Mature in their collaboration, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Able to operate effectively with ambiguity.
- Have a strong understanding of how the web works and ideas on how to evolve it forward to help meet customer needs.
- Excellent at communication and able to utilize the value of different mediums effectively
- Hands-on, have an entrepreneurial passion, and are comfortable with code
- 3+ years’ experience as a Product PM, Technical PM, or Software Engineer?
2+ years’ experience with front-end web development, full-stack web development, or web browser development?
- Broad understanding of the web platform, web developer workflows, and web tools ecosystem
- Passion for working with customers and advocating for product features that meet their needs
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write clear and concise functional specifications, develop accurate project schedules, and manage a feature through the entire development and release cycle
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.