|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Cloud Native Principal Program Manager will play a critical role in the development and delivery of our Cloud Native solutions. The Principal Program Manager will be a proven engineering leader spearhead our 5G and Azure engineering operations. You will blend your positive attitude with the magnitude of Microsoft to empower our worldwide customers by delivering telco services.
We've architected and delivered one of the most technically sound mobile core solutions to major telco customers across the globe. We've brought cloud native technology, microservices, and kubernetes into the forefront of telecommunications and are in position to reap the organizational and agility benefits they offer. We need a champion to drive and continuous improvement across the organization to improve efficiency, independence and consistency. You will influence all processes including, architecture, planning, reporting, agile development, work methods, communication, SW packaging, and CI/CD/CT.
In parallel with process transformation activities, this role will be responsible for the migration of our product and our processes to the Azure cloud. You will lead us to a world where telco applications are built, requested, deployed, and maintained entirely within Azure. You will move our build systems and create a cloud-based CI/CD/CT culture and pipeline. You will continue to optimize our engineering operations to maximize our efficiency while servicing traditional on-prem telco customers and Azure-based customers.
This position will require someone who can operate across all issues and at all levels. While it is a senior level position with significant influence across the organization, it requires someone who will understand issues, create action plans, develop monitoring methods and metrics, and seek out the next issue to conquer.
- Transform processes to organize and improve our daily, weekly and release operations
- Lead transition to Azure based Dev.Ops deliveries to enable use to serve Azure based products and on-prem customers
- Monitor, control and improve the efficiency of our global engineering operations
- Technical team leadership experience establishing processes for delivering products in cloud native microservice architecture
- Ability to lead process transformation in an Agile development environment using ADO, JIRA and other productivity enhancement tools.
- Experience implementing and enforcing release criteria, product and process ownership to empower a globally distributed engineering team to independently and safely deliver products.
- Experience transitioning local tools and processes (Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Coverity, Crucible, Fisheye) to transformed operations in ADO pipelines.
- 3-5 years of experience using Dev/Ops practices in a cloud-based environment to support a hosted offering.
- Understanding of processes for monitoring and reporting usage of open source and encryption software.
- Use of Kubernetes based microservices, HPA, autoscaling, and upgrade practices (ie, canary) in conjunction with source projects like Prometheus, Grafana, MongoDB, Postgres, and ElasticSearch
- Experience with all aspects of the software development process – concept architecture, design, implementation and testing.
- Experience with Mobile core technologies, including 3gpp, EPC Virtualization, M2M and LTE is helpful
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of Azure Dev/Ops pipelines
- Knowledge of Git and Jenkins in a build environment.
- Experience organizing teams and processes for independent development and delivery of microservices
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.