|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the Azure Data team focused on open source relational databases, part of the C+E Azure organization. Azure database services for MySQL, PostgreSQL and MariaDB are fully managed database services that provides developers the choice to use their favorite open source database engine on Azure. We build reliable, highly scalable and highly performing distributed systems for data processing needs on Azure. We are looking for a senior thought leader with strong product/program management experience and a passion for data. This leader will help define and drive the product strategy and roadmap, and interact with senior leaders in Azure, the field as well as key decision makers within our customers. In this role you will shape, define, and deliver product capabilities and experiences by deeply engaging with customers as well as by using data to understand engagement and quality of experience. You will guide other Program Managers in delivering great product experiences through inception all the way through engaged customer usage. You will create and lead with clarity while bringing a strong bias for action. The opportunities to significantly impact the team, Azure, Microsoft, and the industry are practically limitless.
Interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about tackling interesting challenges in technologies such as data, cloud, storage, and open source driving exponential growth in one of Microsoft’s core data service? Then look no further than our team within Azure Data!
- Work with customers, partners, and the engineering team to define and deliver impactful product capabilities and experiences for OSS relational databases.
- Leads efforts such as designing product architecture and solutions, managing dependencies to enable cohesive and connected user scenarios.
- Creates the product specifications, drives in-product features and initiatives to grow users and engagement.
- Work with Customers and UX designers to design experiences that are both highly effective and aesthetically pleasing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or 5+ years of industry engineering experience
- 5+ years of professional program management or product management or related experience
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leading without authority skills
- Excellent ability to design, prioritize, plan, and track large scale programs
- Customer empathy and experience in shipping customer facing solutions
- Background or knowledge in distributed systems, database systems or storage
- Great curiosity and willingness to question
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
- Past experience in building global distributed cloud
- Past experience working with open source relational databases such as MySQL or MariaDB
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.