|Job Type:||Full Time|
Modern Workplace Transformations for Regulated Industries is a team dedicated to revolutionizing productivity for our Healthcare, Financial Services, and Civilian Government customers. Using Microsoft Teams to pull through M365 and broader Microsoft capabilities, we seek to digitize and transform Industry business processes to empower our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Designer who can inspire, define, articulate, and deliver amazing solutions. Leading by example is a critical skill for this role, someone who wants to do great design, help to tell our stories, and inspire our design team and our organization. You will be responsible for deep customer understanding through users’ needs, emotions, and behaviors to gather insights that inform our experience design strategy. You will need to be able to communicate your ideas using a wide variety of methods—from telling a compelling story, to providing sketches, to creating fully rendered designs. You will work closely with research, program management and development as well as other design teams and app partners to meticulously execute ideas into production.
You demonstrate senior design thinking and love to work across complex and challenging spaces. Being hands on, you will support and design breakthrough experiences that impact how millions of people use our products and services.
Please include URLs for an accesible online portfolio demonstrating your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns and visual design skills in addition to resume.
Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
- Deliver world-class interaction designs from initial concept through finished product
- Create and assess design solutions based on user research input, user goals, and business requirements
- Solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways that blend together brand personality, visuals, motion, and sound to create delightful experiences.
- Produce design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
- Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, editors, engineers, and user researchers to iterate and deliver flawlessly.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals.
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end to end customer journeys
- 5+ years of industry experience in interactive design and / or visual design
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Aware of trends in mobile, communications, and collaboration
- Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communication artifacts
- The ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goals independently
- History of impacting shipping products with your work
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Design (or related field) or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Designing user experiences for enterprise software / services
- Creating and applying established design principles and interaction patterns
- Aligning or influencing design thinking with teams working in other geographies
- Designing user experiences for Financial Services
The successful candidate would be welcomed into an international working environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal and collaborative atmosphere, and a fast pace. Microsoft ensures your work-life-balance, offers attractive salary packages and bonus programs and a modern office, which combines innovative technics with design. You can shape the local design team’s culture among a collaborative community including engineers, developers, data scientists, program managers, and others. It is the perfect nurturing ground for innovation and offers a fantastic landscape for growing your career across the breadth of Microsoft products and services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.