|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Game Developer eXperiences (GDX) team in the Gaming Ecosystem Organization is looking for a Principal Group Program Manager to lead our Developer Ecosystem team. This is a key role reporting to the Director of Program Management, requiring both strategic leadership and cross-divisional execution. We are on a mission to empower game creators to realize their dreams. A critical element of our (and our customer’s) success is an industry-leading end-to-end developer experience. We aspire to delight game developers through every step of their journey – from awareness of our platforms and services, comprehensive educational material and documentation, great tools and SDKs, world-class support and systems to ensure customer success.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned Program or Product Management leader, with experience in game development or production. You will demonstrate deep customer empathy and the ability to think strategically about the entire E2E experience for game developers and define/measure metrics to ensure customer success. You will be an experienced people manager who exemplifies Microsoft’s cultural values.
- Define the vision and strategy for best-in-industry end-to-end game developer experiences, including educational collateral, client SDKs, developer tools and closed-loop feedback and support systems.
- Prioritization of customer scenarios, with clear metrics for success.
- Build and execute the roadmap from where our customers are today, to the realization of our vision.
- Work across Gaming, Microsoft and external partners to deliver end-to-end integrated solutions.
- Grow a team that obsesses on the customer, is data driven, owns the end to end experience and delivers with agility and quality.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Customer empathy ideally through direct experience in game development or production.
- Strong process and execution orientation.
- Technical understanding of game platform technologies and middleware.
- Passion in creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture where individuals and teams can do their best work and unlock their potential.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and groups.
- Thrives in ambiguous and agile situations.
- A BS in Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in program management, product management or game production.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a manager, ideally with some experience of managing managers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.