|Location:||Bellevue, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Director, Sales Operations Business Programs is responsible for leading our global program for field Sales Operations Planning Managers (SOPMs) throughout the fiscal year and for driving the landing approach for the company’s commercial business planning process.
Your focus in this critical role is to ensure a consistent focus on the SOPM role; drive high performance talent development; and serve as the “voice of the field” to corporate teams around sales operations-based issues. You will provide strong Sales Operations community leadership, manage key global programs to support best practice sharing, and lead the company’s commercial business planning field landing approach, all core to success in this role.
In addition, you will play a critical role in the commercial business planning space by leveraging field knowledge and expertise to lead the field landing approach for the new fiscal year priorities. As part of a cross-company set of virtual-teams, you will help to ensure that our commercial planning communications are field-optimized and will build the approach to land the new fiscal year content with field leaders, planning teams, managers, and employees in a series of coordinated landing events and portals.
We are looking for someone who has a solid breadth of knowledge across Microsoft’s commercial business, is very strong at cross-team collaboration, and who has a history of simplifying tough problems in complex environments in ways that enable role-based communities to align and amplify the work. This leader must demonstrate strong influence and impact skills. We are looking for people who are passionate about the field and overall success of Sales Operations.
- Ensure a high-performing, robust Sales Operations community, including high performers in-role, strong succession slates, rigorous community connections, and recognition as a high-performing global community.
- Build and manage a world class operational capability across global sales operations, including depth in fiscal year planning, in-quarter operational acumen, and trusted connections to Area and Regional sales leaders.
- Be a strong thought leader and operational coach on key business initiatives like customer adds, consumption, and compete.
- Improve sales discipline and coaching culture via operational excellence and within the frame of Empower Success.
- Envision and lead the field landing efforts for the company’s fiscal year commercial business planning approach across key field communities (Leaders, Planners, Managers, Employees)
- Be a strong and effective component of the Commercial Planning core team to drive a consistent and productive cross-company approach.
- 7+ years of demonstrated ability to lead high performing virtual teams in business or sales operations, marketing, services and/or sales.
- Effective analytical and project management skills to deliver well-orchestrated and coordinated field landing events, portals, and communications – while addressing the needs of competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability and passion for mentoring and coaching a world-class operations community.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a global team, driving successful outcomes with virtual teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) required; Master’s Degree preferred.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the North America, with a preference for Bellevue, WA. You can expect limited global travel, less than 10%, no travel required during COVID remote work period.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.