|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Compliance Manager (L62)
Procurement has a mission to deliver business value through proactive global solutions that are innovative, compliant and cost effective and exceed stakeholder expectations. Procurement is a global team of 220+ employees across 30 countries supporting 100+ geographies worldwide facilitating $30B+ in annual purchases worldwide.
The External Staff Compliance Team within Procurement Compliance is looking for a Compliance Manager to join our team contributing specifically to the areas of:
- Outsource Compliance: Microsoft’s External Staff policy promotes sound staffing initiatives, protects intellectual property, and engagement in good asset stewardship. This position will actively support adherence to the policy, evaluating and managing compliance for outsourced engagements at Microsoft.
We look to incorporate talent that excels in innovation and creativity and demonstrates complex problem solving, process and systems thinking, and strong analytical skills that drive actions from data with a can-do attitude.
To be successful in the role, candidate will require strong interpersonal skills, influencing without authority, drive for results, and collaboration in addition to a proven track record in project management and operational excellence.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Be a subject matter expert on Microsoft’s External Staff Policy; provide guidance and advice to the business and Procurement colleagues on policy compliance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with policy partners in HR and CELA.
- Positively impact outsource compliance delivering quality, consistent, and on-time contract reviews against a defined set of outsourced criteria.
- Ability to clearly articulate areas of non-compliance and/or liaise with the business or Procurement stakeholders for opportunities to bring outsource engagements into compliance.
- Use independent judgement and discretion contributing to outsource compliance, while also effectively understanding and balancing business needs.
- Analyze a robust set of outsource data to identify areas of non-compliance; develop strategies and action plans to reduce risk areas.
- Actively seek opportunities to evolve outsource processes to drive simplification, operational efficiencies, and compliance.
- Cross trained and contribute to other areas of External Staff compliance.
Operations and Process improvement:
- Identify and implement process and operational improvement opportunities across compliance programs that will enable efficiency, scale, simplification, risk mitigation, and compliance.
- Reduce or eliminate manual repetitive elements of processes by leveraging tools such as the Power Platform.
- Drives simplification and automation to re-imagine existing processes, services, and solutions, to increase agility and efficiencies, lower operation costs and reduce complexity while mitigating risk.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- BA/BS in Business preferred.
- 5 -10 years, procurement, operations, compliance and/or external staff experience.
- Experience with BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) and/or SOW (Statement of Work) review for policy compliance.
- Knowledgeable about external staff and eager to learn more.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to distill and deliver complex, ambiguous information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong listening skills and desire to understand differing opinions.
- Adept problem solver with solid judgement; attention to detail without losing sight of broader risk area(s).
- Highly driven self-starter, with a demonstrated track record of exceeding goals.
- Ability to persuade, lead and motivate others through indirect influence.
- A high level of enthusiasm, confidence, creativity, self-motivation, and resourcefulness.
- Strong team player, contributor, and thrives in cross-team environments.
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with senior management and business owners.