Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for identifying risk and driving strategies to manage it. Liaison to the enterprise-wide Legal, Compliance and Corporate Risk functions. Develops business-unit specific approaches and ensure accurate and timely implementation across all risk management disciplines and all areas in the organization. Directs process design, control work flow/systems, reporting, testing, remediation and third party management.
- Responsible for developing and executing risk assessments.
- Provides education and risk guidance to business partners and ensures policies, standards, procedures, risks and controls are implemented, monitored and executed as required;
- Ensuring changes in laws and regulation are properly embedded into the control environment
- Oversees development and implementation of job aids and tools to facilitate efficient completion of policy and standard requirements
- Ensures effective identification and implementation of controls to manage operational, financial and compliance risks
- Develops efficient processes to maintain an accurate library of risks and controls
- Provide independent post-launch oversight of initiatives and report results to management
- Oversees timely completion of control design reviews and compliance risk assessments
- Monitors the risk and control environment for weaknesses and identify solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of controls
- Oversees timely completion of control testing (BUTM) plan
- Provides education and monitor employees on requirements of company policies and standards related to Risk Reporting, Operational Risk Events, Root Cause Analysis, and Issues Management
- Oversees development and implementation of job aids and tools to facilitate efficient completion of policy and standard requirements; monthly risk reports and discuss results with Sr. Leadership
- Oversees timely completion of remediation projects and Ensures a detailed escalation plan is in place for risk issues and leveraged when necessary.
- Oversees timely completion of complex projects in the areas of Exam Management, Control Workflow and Standardization Solutions, Departmental Continuous Improvement
- Oversees development, implementation and administration control standardization and workflow solutions
- Oversees development of continuous monitoring exception reports for critical business processes.
- Maintains a highly engaged, development focused team; Adheres to established Leader Standard Work schedule (Coaching, Floor Walks, Process Confirmations)
- Reviews DMS barometer results and develop action plans for negative engagement trends
- Models DMS/Shingo principles and coach team on principles they should focus on improving.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ year’s minimum experience minimum in general business or related field.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.