|Job Type:||Full Time|
TE Connectivity (TE) has an opportunity for an Automation Manufacturing Technology (AMT) Automation professional with strong technical and team working capabilities in supporting global integrated automation platforms in a leading electrical component manufacturing company. The individual shall be an expert in controls system integration that uses mechanical structures, robotics, machine vision, programmable logic controllers (PLC), Industry PC and robots.
This is a rare opportunity to contribute to a high performing design and build organization who reports to the Sr. Manager of Automation Manufacturing Technology Design and Build, as part of the corporate Global Operations team. This position will have the responsibility for supporting various automation solutions deployed to TE manufacturing sites worldwide.
The System Design, Integration & Control Engineer will work to develop new machine, processes and automation concepts as part of a multi-functional Design and Build Team. The candidate will create systems architecture to support the concepts and oversee or execute the detailed electrical technical documentation. The System Design Integration and Control Engineer will develop PLC, safety systems, HMI, servo drives, process hardware and robot programs. After the machine is constructed the Controls Engineer will finalize the program and debug the system through machine acceptance.
Responsibilities for in-house machine build projects include:
- Estimating controls and controls engineering content on new proposal requests.
- Developing proposals for new technology projects.
- Participating in or lead concept development to innovate controls and programming solutions, that can feasibly meet customer expectations.
- Reporting on controls engineering or project status of assigned automation projects.
- Oversee the layout of the electrical control cabinet and schematic designs.
- Develop the architecture and write and debug PLC ladder logic, robotic programs or IPC program for the automated system.
- Perform risk assessments and implement controls reliability and safety systems to meet TE specifications.
- Develop and program HMI screens to meet customer or standard requirements.
- Select machine servo, robots and electrical and electromechanical components which are properly sized to meet system requirements.
- Oversee and implement the integration of mobile robots.
- Condition optimize and commission machinery until handed over to customer.
- Interface system with SCADA and digital machine packages to meet customer interface requirements.
Responsibilities for partner-based machine build projects include:
- Participate in or lead concept development for machine.
- Participate in or lead specification creation, release to partner and quote technical evaluation.
- Oversee controls design of project.
- Manage partner throughout design, buyoff, conditioning and installation.
- Establish and execute test plan for equipment.
- Integrate and condition equipment with other equipment if needed.
- Proficiency with process integration and mechatronic systems.
- In-depth knowledge of control panel designs.
- Proficiency in Yaskawa, Allen Bradley, Siemens or Omron PLC programming languages.
- Proficiency in Pro-Face, Allen Bradley, Siemens or Omron HMI programming.
- Experience with Cartesian, SCARA and 6-Axis industrial robot programming and conditioning. Epson or Fanuc robot experience preferred.
- Understanding of Field Bus Networks (Ethernet IP, Modbus/TCP, EtherCAT, etc.)
- Proficiency with Ethernet communications between machine PLC’s and database systems.
- Proficiency with machine safety systems and related component selection.
- Proficiency and demonstrated ability to organize and structure code for maintainability and reuse.
- Experience with servo motor tuning and programming.
- Experience with interfacing with and developing programming for Keyence, Cognex or custom machine vision systems.
- At least 5 years industry experience and Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Good English communication skills including writing emails, listening and speaking.
- Experience with implementation of automated equipment in a production environment.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD electrical design desired.
- Proficiency with Inductive Automation Ignition, mobile robot deployment and AI technology is preferred.
- Experience with creating and maintaining technical documentation packages.
- Solid knowledge of Project Management principles.
- Proficiency in CREO 3D CAD package is a plus. Ability to do both mechanical and electrical design as well as project management is a strong plus.
- A strong technically hands-on oriented engineer with clearly demonstrated experience and a track record of deploying new PLC/IPC and digital control automation technologies;
- Technical experiences in manufacturing automation with a detailed knowledge of current automation technologies for precision electromechanical manufacture and/ or optical system manufacture;
- Experienced in the IPC programming with C/C++/C# etc.
- Commercial and business acumen with experience in analyzing current technologies and capabilities on the market;
- Interest and desire to learn and deploy new technologies such as artificial intelligence and digital integration of equipment is strongly desired.
- Experienced in the development of specific automation manufacturing systems incorporating flexible and modular automation preferred;
Professional Background Desired:
- A track record of successfully automation projects from concept through implementation;
- Experience in electrical design, analysis, and electro/mechanical parts selection;
- Willingness to travel frequently, and as necessary, to support a global organization with significant presence in China and other regions;
- BS degree or equivalent experience required
Personal characteristics of the individual:
- High level of initiative and drive with a strong sense of urgency and accountability; energetic, proactive, and hardworking so as to lead by example;
- Strong communications skills; must demonstrates an open, honest, and transparent communication style with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to explain complex topics concisely to a non-technical audience;
- Excellent judgment and experiences in an environment which requires emotional maturity, politically savvy, and the personal ability to interact with all types of personnel at varying levels;
- Keen business judgment; demands excellence and sets high standards for self and others; high-level of intellectual curiosity combined with strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Willingness and personal style to be a team player and foster a team environment, with the capacity and aptitude to serve as a leader in motivating and inspiring others
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd. (NYSE: TEL) is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.