|Location:||New York, New York, Seattle, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Microsoft Advertising (MSA) is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across all aspects of our digital portfolio including our high-growth search engine, Bing.
The Global Partner Service Team is focused on building, strengthening and scaling our business via partnerships with leading publishers, demand/supply platforms, and ad tech providers.
In an effort to build a diversified, predictable and industry leading Advertising Partner Practice, we are seeking a high performing sales and partnership leader with significant experience in digital advertising to drive and grow a book of US-based native and display advertising partnerships.
This is a critical role on our Display and Native Partner Management team and will be accountable for driving Display and Native Advertising partnerships, ensuring we are successfully positioned to: create diversification across our Ads ecosystem, fuel demand for Microsoft Advertising supply, remove buying blockers, surface new opportunities, grow existing business and deliver world-class management to our partners and their leadership stakeholders.
This role will require a balance of leading, doing and influencing, in partnership and close collaboration externally with Display and Native Advertising Partners and internally with Business Development, Finance, Microsoft News, Outlook, Microsoft Gaming, Microsoft Communications Publishers, ENG, Network Quality & Policy, Business Operations, Legal, the Advertising Business Group (GABT), and more.
- Lead Partner sales/magement initiatives across a pre-identified and emerging group of Display and Native Advertising Partners (DSP/RTB partners) with a focus on the US market.
- Define and own accountability for Joint Business Plans for partners under management, aligning with product and publisher vision, P&L goals and marketplace opportunities; ensure the ‘elephants’ in the partnership are addressed and actively driven; lead senior level relationship engagement and keep a pulse on efficacy and impact of day-to-day priorities.
- Drive optimal yield and revenue across native advertising partner portfolio. Create demand/growth strategy for partners, working collaboratively with peers and GABT (Global Ads Business Team) leadership. Drive partner management approach needed to bring demand strategy to life in alignment with business and profitability KPIs.
- Educate partners and industry on where MSA Display and Native Advertising supply is, how it shows up and how to buy. Educate partners/industry on our supply strategy and where they get cleanest and best access to MSA supply.
- Deeply understand current partnership deal models and play active leadership role on approach, deal modeling, and business case for all net new partner and expansion opportunities, in partnership with Finance, Legal, BD, GABT, and ENG; drive regular look-back at FGNG deal models to comprehend learnings and new information.
Provide input into forecasting for Advertising partners, working in partnership with Finance, GABT leadership and ENG, and drive alignment between all internal parties (BD, ENG, Finance) on fiscal targets.
- Deliver on target revenue expectations and key KPI’s. Manage native partners to financial accountabilities, including gross revenue, rev ExTAC, and key operational metrics defined in partnership with Publishers and GABT.
- Drive ROB for both internal and partner reviews, learnings and iteration, based on an established set of KPIs and priorities.
- Ensure all key internal stakeholders have clear path to staying up-to-date on performance, status of issues and opportunities, and partner health.
- Lead external QBR rhythm that provides insights into past performance, trends, look-forward opportunities and Microsoft strategic updates, linking back to established JBP/Partnership Plan.
- Connect bidder insights to buyer and industry trends.
- Partner closely with GABT, News, Gaming and Communications teams to stay aligned on ‘one messaging/one value to MSFT/one priority list’ by partner, such that direct and agile partner engagement can flourish where needed, without creating confusion or conflicting guidance.
- Provide feedback/input into the prioritization of internal tools, systems, alerting and reporting that will drive yield and PSAT.
- Comprehensive understanding of partner contracts, creating accountability for partner compliance to our contracts and policies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of digital media and partner sales/management.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in one of more of the following: Sales, Partner Management, Services, Product, Publisher, and/or Operations.
- Deep expertise of RTB buying motions.
- Extensive knowledge of digital advertising strategies, platforms, advertiser value prop, and industry trends (Native Advertising experience a plus).
- Passion for building, including all of the ambiguity, risk taking, failure and iteration at high rates of speed that building entails.
- Ability to move easily and constantly across functions (Sales, Ops, Strategy) and partner sets (Publisher, BD, Finance, ENG, Sales…).
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, high productivity and meeting deadlines in a sales/partner leadership role
- Strong strategic thinker. Prior experience in developing and operationalizing joint business plans with partners.
- Exceptional and demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills, with experience overcoming internal and external objections.
- Strong industry connections and / or demonstrated ability to establish and cultivate senior level partner relationships.
- Proven track-record successfully leading high revenue, high strategic priority and high complexity partnerships.
- Direct experience and success partnering with BD and influencing focus areas and priorities.
- Direct experiencing partnering with ENG in a resource-constrained environment where trade-offs and prioritization are a regular part of the business dialogue.
- Generates energy to solve complex and challenging problems, and delivers success with and through the team.
- Low-ego, collaborative leader who is focused on ‘we, not I’; High integrity partner who seeks win-win and broader organizational benefit while driving toward own goals.
- Positive, can-do spirit and proactive problem solver; Demonstrated track record of exceeding established goals and milestones on a consistent basis.
- Organizational agility/savvy and ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment at multiple levels of management and drive closure on issues; Demonstrated capability to influence partners and internal stakeholders at varying levels to support business goals.
- Proven experience successfully operating in a complex and matrixed environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate through uncertain situations to drive for clarity.
- Exceptional overall communicator and active listener who has successfully established open and bi-directional feedback mechanisms and who actively seeks constructive feedback.
- Talented in storytelling and building a narrative around the value of our partnership model.
- Driven self-starter capable of switching easily and constantly between strategic and tactical work.
- High personal accountability for self and others.
- University degree is preferred, MBA a plus.
- 25-35% + travel required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.