|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The Protection Services Operations team charter is to:
- Manage Operations performance across 3rd Party Compliance, Digital Safety and Channel IP Protection risk vectors
- Assume business ownership of supporting business process and tools ecosystem related to protecting Microsoft, Customers, Employees, Partners and Suppliers
- Design and implement processes and programs required to run the business at scale with quality and efficiency, ensuring compliance by design
The mission of the Protection Services Operations team is to manage the business performance of Protection Services so that Microsoft, Employees and those we engage with are protected from harm and can conduct business ethically. We encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through and end-to-end view of both the current state, as well as opportunities to digitally transform the compliance and risk ecosystem. As an Operations Program Manager with proactive engagement and the application of subject matter expertise, you will be expected to develop and deliver on the vision, working with cross-functional teams to identify, plan and design changes that will move towards clearly stated goals.
Key Accountabilities will be:
- Digital Safety Performance: Gathering pain points and opportunities across various functions such as legal, sales and product groups, articulating them in an easy to understand manner for executives and business leaders and prioritizing your work to improve and build for the future.
- Stakeholder Management: Represent Operations, Partners and Customers in trade-off discussions and documenting requirements within Microsoft Business Operations and other stakeholders. This involved collaborating with sales and engineering teams to understand objectives, identify analysis opportunities, and prioritize projects to deliver maximum business impact.
- Analytics / Insights: Using advanced analytics best practices to deliver new insights to Microsoft Business Operations from a compliance and risk perspective.
- Amazing Proactive Engager: Consultative mindset that engages specific business areas frequently and often. Prior online safety experience with customers. Must have experience across several relevant business domains in the utilization of critical thinking skills to conceptualize complex business problems and their solutions using data
- Strategic Mindset: Ability to anticipate and develop priorities for future business needs
- Analytically driven: The candidate must be able to independently run analytic projects and help our business to understand the findings and translate them into action to drive their business.
- Understand the Landscape: Deep knowledge in business processes, systems, measures and metrics. Make it real: Iterate and create proof of concepts taking data to actionable decision points that transfer to the durable world
- Agile: Ability to lead/manage agile development methodologies across the business and engineering landscapes, including intake, prioritization, delivery, readiness and adoption
- General Foundation: Effectively drive cross-group communication and cooperation, using strong influencing, project management, and organizational skills
- Support the culture in transforming to leading with data development of reporting, ensuring reliability and performance, delivery of performance management tools (such as control charts and scorecards), readiness and adoption of data w/in the organization
- Customer Focused
- Drive for Results
- Influencing for Impact
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Planning, Organizing & Executing
- Trusted Advisor
- 8 years minimum experience in Process Improvement, International Business, Program Management, or Operations.
- MBA is a plus
- Online safety, compliance, management of obscene/offensive content
- Outstanding verbal, written & interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Statistics or related field.
- Ability to work in ambiguous, cross-functional teams
- Experience analyzing and streamlining complex business processes and policies
- Demonstrated analytical ability, particularly related to complex problems and concepts.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.